• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD turbokit - turbo oil line routing question

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
Can someone running a BD turbokit enlighten me about proper turbo oil line routing on a pro rmk? I just got a new kit installed and the protective sleeve on the oil line has already melted so much that the oil line pipe was very close to melting as well, pretty close to a disaster :) I would call BD about this on monday but I would like to know ASAP! :) thanks

the turbo oil line inlet is pointed towards outside of the sled in my kit, therefore I routed the line outside and below the turbo straight to the oil pump, I believe this is no good because a lot of the turbocharger heat is affecting the oil line. The sensible way seems to be to route the line towards inside of the sled, but for that I would have to rotate the inlet.

udPtP5P.jpg

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
Here is the routing on mine

hmm that seems to be a very similar routing to mine, but slightly more away from the turbocharger, did you have that installed yourself or by a professional? it does not seem like your protective sleeve is melted at all, and mine melted pretty badly today. Is the compressor not getting equally hot as a turbocharger? I hope I get my naming correct in english, this piece of housing on the right of your oil line is called compressor correct?

Last edited:

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
This is VOHK installed

I guess they know what they are doing, therefore this must be the correct way :) thank you so much

btw, I looked up your profile picture, do you have an assault with a belt? also I believe in the fox installation instructions it says (and shows on the diagrams) that the evol chamber should be at the bottom

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Looks like it needs braided line and fittings to me. We always run braided line around the turbo.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I guess they know what they are doing, therefore this must be the correct way :) thank you so much

btw, I looked up your profile picture, do you have an assault with a belt? also I believe in the fox installation instructions it says (and shows on the diagrams) that the evol chamber should be at the bottom

Newer model Evols the chamber can be mounted at the top. My assault has a chain case....the picture I posted on this thread is of another sled I own.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
Looks like it needs braided line and fittings to me. We always run braided line around the turbo.

The turbo side fitting can be easily replaced, but how do you make this work on an oil pump side?

I mean I could try a 1/8 braided line on the current fittings but I don't think this will work because there is no way to crimp the ends (and zip tie will probably not be good enough for braided line), I would have to replace the fittings with crimp style fittings but do they even exists for 1/8 diameter?

I just did some research on possible fittings and I am not sure if the oil line is 1/8 NPT or AN2? I am guessing NPT but not sure, do you know?

Last edited:
Premium Features