• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Silber Bottom End Bog

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Ak, did you experience a low end bog with just the reeds?

I have a new doughnut off the y pipe installed and have new springs doubled and tripled on just about everything else. Is the doughnut thing on the turbo side stock product or aftermarket? EGT sensor that is interesting.

Yes...

Also make sure you Turbo tube clamps are all tight.

Exhaust donut and end of pipe to turbo is stock/factory. Replace it and makes sure springs are doubled there and are still good springs.

Yes, EGT sensors go out and create bad bog! Sometimes they through a light, sometimes they do not. I have personally been through about 4-5 of them since 2011.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I would be checking for boost leaks, sounds like you are loosing boost also check your wastgate on turbo i had one stick alittle make shur it fully closes and moves freely

Would a boost leak be evident in a light or low throttle environment where little boost/pressure is being made? I was under the impression that boost leaks show there ugly head when the sled is suppose to be making boost but isn't. It seems like once the sleds going, be it on the trail or on the hill it sounds very strong. I am also having NO problem getting 10 PSI out of the sled. I don't have a dial to control boost but just adjusting the waste gate. At 10k and 9-10 PSI the waste gate arm is almost all of the way out. To me a boost leak would show that I would have to really push the system to ie shorten the waste gate to produce decent boost? Just throwing some ideas out there, feel free to correct me if I am off. :)

I appreciate everyone's help.

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
For me even a small boost leak will make your sled gurgal and spit but it will still have no problem on building 11 psi, just cap off you turbo inlet with 3 inch sewer cap and turbo outlet with 2 inch cap, add air with a air compresor to the compressor/wastegate hose and see if there is any boost leaks it take 5 min to do if no leaks then we can rule it out 9 times out of ten your turbo running issues are boost leaks, that is just my expereance

Premium Features