• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bolt On Clutch Kits For Low End Power

P

Polaris233

Nov 29, 2010
Manitoba Canada
Hey folks, Im running a 2013 switchback assault in the 0-2000' elevation bracket and im looking for some aggressive low end power for this season. I dont really wanna spend a bunch of time piecing together a clutch kit, i want to buy a bolt on kit and be done with it. Was looking into the EPI Pro Series kit does anyone have experience with that kit or any ideas of what i should be doing for one? was also thinking a set of v force reeds and maybe gear it down a tooth or two. Winters coming soon so let me know what kind of set up your impressed with!

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
20:42 gearing is what you should be running with the 2" track.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The clutch kit is not going to give you more low end power.

Lower gearing is what will do that for you.... but you may sacrifice some top end speed on the trails depending on the gearing and if you are shifting all the way out on the clutches.

P

Polaris233

Nov 29, 2010
Manitoba Canada
losing top end isnt really to big of deal for me at this point, when gearing down are you only changing your smaller gear on the top and leaving your bottom bigger gear the same? if that's correct how many teeth could be dropped but still use the stock chain, if any.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Search for my thread on Gear ratios... full list is avail there.

I do not recommend going any smaller than 19t on the top... with a preference to 20 tooth.

Back in my chain case and racing days that is an excellent policy (nothing under 20 Tooth Top) to prevent the powder metal stock gears from fragging and costing you big money. If you insist on running smaller ONLY run Billet Machined Sprockets!

Premium Features