• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK drop it kit

S

scrubz

Sep 23, 2011
Kelowna B.C.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience installing this kit. We were putting one together yesterday and the dowel pins they supplied don't seem to be long enough to make it through both gaskets, cylinder shim and have enough there for the cylinders to be centered. As there was only about 1mm of dowel coming through the shim and gasket.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
What do the new dowels measure in length compared to the original ones? Then What width are you adding with the shim and extra gasket?

S

scrubz

Sep 23, 2011
Kelowna B.C.
The sleds down at my shop, it was late in the day so after I noticed it wasn't going to work we called it quits. I'll be back there today I'll pull them and get some measurements.

S

scrubz

Sep 23, 2011
Kelowna B.C.
6e832ffec9669eb885a0a0589489b445.jpg

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
If you put the stock stuff together it is not much different. Different ID in barrels then the cases. Kinda "let it fall where it may" lol.
I scratched my head too and ended up making my own dowels (spacer bigger OD than barrels, and different then cases, and a bit longer overall. I wanted to make sure my porting-case matching always mounted back up the same.

Don't know? Lot of them out there just like that including stock.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Just give a call to Shawn in MTNTK. He is the ONLY source for right answer.

I agree....call Shawn...that dowel does look a little low from what I have seen with these kits. Looks like your lower case holes that house the dowels are machined a little deeper than the norm.

Premium Features