• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will Brown or Burandt be testing new motor in mountain sled?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Justin, looking at about $940 in parts and balancing.
A grand by the time you're done with shipping round trip.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD

Thanks, when you said "have their way". I thought they were doing a bunch of machining to reduce weight too. I read too much into it.

Since I have been stuck in the 500lb no reverse stone age. What other BA Pro goodies am I missing out on.

The clutch is going on the list for next year. I have been eye balling the Alt Imp titanium suspension and the k mod titanium rear. I am getting old, my back hurts. I need LIGHT!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Thanks, when you said "have their way". I thought they were doing a bunch of machining to reduce weight too. I read too much into it.

Since I have been stuck in the 500lb no reverse stone age. What other BA Pro goodies am I missing out on.

The clutch is going on the list for next year. I have been eye balling the Alt Imp titanium suspension and the k mod titanium rear. I am getting old, my back hurts. I need LIGHT!!

We have totally derailed this thread.
Sorry guys.

I did Zbroz arms and Elka shocks all the way around. Holy crap, huge improvement.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
The ALT impact arms treated me well last winter! i would highly suggest them!
42" 8 months with them on last winter and besides a few scratches not so much as a dent. Call and talk to him. he will custom build whatever you want. Thicker/thinner tubing etc.

10524943_10152123736807085_1794017437_n.jpg

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO

I should be use to it by now but the price of carbon parts still blows my mind. I realize that price you have includes other stuff.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
The balancing was free if you buy the clutch cover. I run the carbon clutch cover with titanium bolts and springs on both my clutches it does rev faster and required more weight. I just wished they made a light weight crank for the 600 pro, I would like to try one. Also the parris racing crank mod might be a option?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
We have totally derailed this thread.
Sorry guys.

I did Zbroz arms and Elka shocks all the way around. Holy crap, huge improvement.

Sorry, didn't mean to go another direction.

To answer the question at hand. They wont be testing the new motor unless they have a Axis dressed in Pro clothing, so to speak. The new motor wont fit or is not designed to fit. Unless they did something similar to the existing motor.

Lighter crank, he has had for a while. Last year for sure, maybe longer. That I don't know for sure. What better place to test out new sleds though, huge leased, private playground.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this spring. Everyone thinks it is a Axis based sled. Who knows, I have heard it a few different ways.

Off topic.... Scott, I will need a rear skid that couples. The direction you took is great! I will more than likely just need to take it a step further with the rear skid I have my Exits off my Dragon that, Curt @ Fastrax is reworking for my Pro.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
yah this is true but.... the axys plastic fits inside the pro plastic. they could easily make it look like a pro and no one would no the different.

They've had it out on the "public" snow for a couple of seasons. People just don't recognize it.

Burant won't let other people on certain sleds of his, right?
Look closely at that sled to see if it's got a VIN sticker on the tunnel...and what does it say on it? :face-icon-small-win

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The balancing was free if you buy the clutch cover. I run the carbon clutch cover with titanium bolts and springs on both my clutches it does rev faster and required more weight. I just wished they made a light weight crank for the 600 pro, I would like to try one. Also the parris racing crank mod might be a option?

So when you buy the cover, you get the Ti bolts and balancing as part of the $650 price?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I don't think you get the Ti bolts and they are at least double if not triple the cost at PCC.

I like the cover, but even if he does throw in the balancing for free, I would not have him do it. For sevety-five bucks there is no way he is doing the balancing the way it should be. For that money, there is no way he is doing anything more than throwing your clutch on the balancer the way it arrived.

May be I'm too particular, but Regardless of how fancy his balancer is, your not getting your moneys worth at $75.00

In my opinion, if your going to bother balancing the clutch at all, do it properly as pieces (fixed sheave / stem, spider, movable sheave and cover), that way if you chose to re-shim it to run different weights or belt you are not out the cost again.

To my knowledge the only one that does it this way is Indy Dan. The rest are just hacks stealing your money.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
They've had it out on the "public" snow for a couple of seasons. People just don't recognize it.

Burant won't let other people on certain sleds of his, right?
Look closely at that sled to see if it's got a VIN sticker on the tunnel...and what does it say on it? :face-icon-small-win

Polaris doesn't put vin tags on prototype from experiences.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
TJ will be machine weight from the clutches. Chris ran the carbon cover last year. They are pulling another pound from each clutch in just machined material being removed.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Chris talks about it around the 11:15 mark in the snowest podcast interview from haydays. Same thing he told me while he explained his mods to me on the Saturday of haydays.

Premium Features