• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track Question

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Ater doing several 3" 7t combos on pros, I prefer to remove the lower QD bearing, install the driveshaft and then slide the bearing in. It makes it easier to get the track past the driver lugs and less cussing. Plenty of clearance and no more rubbing than a stock track run a little loose. Way more clearance than the XM's.
The stock Pro track works very good in the fluff, the 3" works best in heavier snow.....IMO.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
This is a pic straight up at the very front of the track. There is a little more than my finger thickness clearance there. Also, the whole skid is mounted about an inch higher up in the tunnel and with the KMOD skid. You drill a new hole in the drop bracket about an inch higher and a little forward. There is good side clearance because the lugs have a taper to them. I can't get more than one pic to upload off my phone.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Wade... thanks for that photo.

The one I'm sincerely interested in is from inside the track showing the track to front-arm wear pad clearances.

If you get a chance...I'd appreciate it.... smaller driver and higher position in the tunnel... makes me sincerely curious... in a learning way.

Wondering what this clearance would be on a stock arm...Kevin showed that his arm has a modified cross tube at the front/top to allow for more involute drive nub clearance.

Cheers,
MH

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
How are the 3" lugs holding up for guys... Looking at the x3 possibly.
Often ride 10 miles of trails before getting into the back country.(Cascade concrete snow)

And am I understanding this right, just 7t needed for the 3" to fit on the 13's?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I only got about 150 miles on my X-3 before I put the Pro away. I like that track better in every condition. Even seems to work better on a hard packed trail and I rode that sled at full throttle everywhere I would run the stock track. I think track speed of high 70s on the trail. I'm pretty sure the Pro is going to a new home but I'm keeping the track and skid for my Pro Lite. I have 2 buddies who ran the same track on Turbo Pros and they ride hard. Each had over 1000 hard mountain miles boosted and the tracks have ALL their lugs and still look fresh. I'm sold on this track.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
I only got about 150 miles on my X-3 before I put the Pro away. I like that track better in every condition. Even seems to work better on a hard packed trail and I rode that sled at full throttle everywhere I would run the stock track. I think track speed of high 70s on the trail. I'm pretty sure the Pro is going to a new home but I'm keeping the track and skid for my Pro Lite. I have 2 buddies who ran the same track on Turbo Pros and they ride hard. Each had over 1000 hard mountain miles boosted and the tracks have ALL their lugs and still look fresh. I'm sold on this track.

All of those setup with 7t? On 2013's?
Stock quickdrive holding up for your buddies that are boosted with that x3?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Yes all 3 with just 7 tooth drivers. Quickdrive on 1 worked well, he is either still on stock belt or first replacement. Other sled is on 3 or 4th belt. Both are Boonedocker Turbos and before sled 2 got the heat shield on that fits over the muffler it cooked belts. Belts failed from the outside. After installation of the heat shield its worked well. FYI, these are 2013 BD Turbo kits and they worked awesome. I was really impressed with how clean they ran and how they never fiddled with them on the hill at all. Both were professionally installed.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great post! Which track has the least vibration 9175, 2.6 claw? What drivers to run. 2014 Pro 163.

Premium Features