• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 pro still bogging

B
Jan 20, 2009
Every now and then when a hit the throttle my 14 pro rmk will fall on its face, almost like someones grabbing the brake, but then it runs fine. I replaced the plugs,egt sensor and fuel filter and cleaned the power valves. Sled seems to run alot better and its bogging less often but it still does it a few times a ride. Other than the random bog the sled runs awesome. Not throwing any codes

Last edited:

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Check TSS, throttle safety switch. It is affected by throttle cable freeplay and must be adjusted correctly. Adjuster is up by handle bars on throttle cable. Do not adjust down at throttle bodies. I shoot for about 1/16" of freeplay. if it is out of adjustment it will act like you hit your kill switch.

B
Jan 20, 2009
Sorry forgot to mention I messed with that as well. Its the same as other pros i'm tried (about 1/16" of an inch but I can loosen it a bit more. Pulled the primary today to have a look and everything looks ok

B
Jan 20, 2009
I called Kurts Polaris and because i'm running his clutching and gear down kit, he suggested I pull the plug wires and blow them out. Tons of crap came out of there.I cleaned some dialectrc grease on the plugs and it runs better but still seems to do it(ran it on the stand) Might try new wires

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Are you running enough clutch weight? Running on the stand doesn't put a load on the motor.

Also when was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

B
Jan 20, 2009
Ok put a new set of SLP plug wires on it and its still doing the same thing, pulled the primary and changed the weight bushings and still acts up, on the stand it seems to rev to exactly 7250 then its like its hitting a rev limiter or something, but then itll scream to 8400 next blip of the throttle. I'm completely out of ideas.. start saving for a new 850 doo maybe

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Are you seeing the service engine wrench light flash or anything like that?

K
May 10, 2009
Calgary, AB
Need more heel weight in the clutch. When you unload the crank that fast it will bog to save it self. I bet it only happens when you mash the throttle and the track spins. What primary spring and weight are you running?

Premium Features