• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 M1000 SLP Pipe

D

digger18

Feb 22, 2009
Otsego MN
Looking at buying a m1000. Comes with the slp pipe set up which is not on the sled. It has the attitude tuner. My question is are they pretty reliable set ups? Do I need to contact attitude for the mapping/settings? Any other info would be appreciated. Got out of sledding for a couple years but coming back!!!! Thanks

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
have the same thing and havent had to touch the fuel box for 4 years.
lots of this has already had guys do all the work for ya the big thing is to make sure you know the fuel pressure of your sled and of the other sleds you use to copy the maps from.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
You want egts, koso dual fast prob. they are great sleds with the pipe but if you really want it to work it needs a few things and once in a while you have to do some tuning. Guys will say mine is pull and go, but so was my 07 until it burn half a piston off, having egts would have saved me and I have learned everything about them since. The 08 is decent but needs the newer track, and 09 style bumper and tunnel.

clutching can be a b1tch on them, they need extra motor mounts, clutches go bad around 1500 miles on average. Again some will say otherwise but I like my stuff to work well and I've been around a lot of m1000. In fact I have an 07 with 500miles on new motor because someone told the owner you can run a y pipe and can without fuel controller. He put a complete AC motor in it and owed me money so I got it. I used it a few times for newbies, runs great but I need to sell it. What does that guy want for that one, how many miles? Curious because I just need this one gone

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
You want egts, koso dual fast prob. they are great sleds with the pipe but if you really want it to work it needs a few things and once in a while you have to do some tuning. Guys will say mine is pull and go, but so was my 07 until it burn half a piston off, having egts would have saved me and I have learned everything about them since. The 08 is decent but needs the newer track, and 09 style bumper and tunnel.

clutching can be a b1tch on them, they need extra motor mounts, clutches go bad around 1500 miles on average. Again some will say otherwise but I like my stuff to work well and I've been around a lot of m1000. In fact I have an 07 with 500miles on new motor because someone told the owner you can run a y pipe and can without fuel controller. He put a complete AC motor in it and owed me money so I got it. I used it a few times for newbies, runs great but I need to sell it. What does that guy want for that one, how many miles? Curious because I just need this one gone

I second everything Wyo said.

D

digger18

Feb 22, 2009
Otsego MN
Sled

It's got 2700 miles on it with new top end. It has the power claw track and 09 updated bumper. I am giving $3000 plus a rifle I have if I do get it. Rifle worth around $500 or so. I had a 08 M1000 stock and a 2010 M8 but both were stock. Sold them but like stated want to get back into it. I miss the mountains!! So I want a reliable but higher HP sled without having to spend huge bucks!! Just had a baby girl 2 weeks ago. ?

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
I loved my 1000 but always had that is this the trip it is going to blow hard in the back of my mind. never had those thoughts on my 10 0r 11 m8s .
yeah I am sure the wife will be all for u taking off for a week at a time to go play for the next 3 yrs good luck with that

Last edited:
D

digger18

Feb 22, 2009
Otsego MN
Lol

I loved my 1000 but always had that is this the trip it is going to blow hard in the back of my mind. never had those thoughts on my 10 0r 11 m8s .
yeah I am sure the wife will be all for u taking off for a week at a time to go play for the next 3 yrs good luck with that

It's easier to ask for forgiveness then permission!! Lol..she already gave me the permission slip. It was either duck hunting or sledding. So I sold my boats and dekes just so I could enjoy the snow again. Most of my trips out west have been with ppl I met on here.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
It's got 2700 miles on it with new top end. It has the power claw track and 09 updated bumper. I am giving $3000 plus a rifle I have if I do get it. Rifle worth around $500 or so. I had a 08 M1000 stock and a 2010 M8 but both were stock. Sold them but like stated want to get back into it. I miss the mountains!! So I want a reliable but higher HP sled without having to spend huge bucks!! Just had a baby girl 2 weeks ago. ��

Congrats on the new family additions! Both the sled and the new kid!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
In that situation I would by a new sled, it's a few hundred a month with payments and you will have way more fun. The new 800 setup right will walk on a piped 1000 and the fun factor is so much higher is not funny. I just can't see the point in buying a hard to ride time bomb when a few hundred a month is so little.
My dealer is selling a 15 for 10k that winds up at 189.00 per month.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
the Slp pipe set is great

My last 1 had an 09 had a Power Commander 5, and it was Awesome, I would recommend that over the fuel controller, my 07 had a dobeck controller on it . but if u do it be sure to add the SLP Airbox for $50 it makes a huge difference. my 09 also had the SLp clutching.

Premium Features