• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 back shift question

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I have an 09 full slp with pc3. I am running culter adj weights with black purple primary and orange sec spring. Sec has rock rollers as well. I got this sled from Idaho and has run well except for the back shift. On a steep climb it runs awesome until I get out and back in full throttle. I would guess it take a second to get back on the pipe, can be concerning if I need the rpm to get out of a sticky situation. I have replaced the motor mount plate after dealing with bad mounts a year ago. I am wondering if this issue is a combination of the fix pin clutch and encapsulated sec. My M7 does not back shift as well as my old MC800.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Ok what helix are you running? you say you let off and its slow to respond that could mean your helix is out shifting your motor. Lower angles mean more back shift and slower up shift. the secondarys in these sleds are poor at best One sign your secondary is bad is you will be climbing and your rpms will start to drop and not come back unless you let off the gas then its there but will start to lose again untill you have no track speed.just for future knowledge.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
It is stock 36 I believe. It pulls hard and accelerates like a mofo until I get out of the throttle, it does not hold rpm so I believe the sec maybe getting worn. Basically I have a bog for a second on a climb getting out of the throttle then back in to full throttle. I am going to send it out to get rebuilt. Thanks

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
BDX Hd Secondary

BDX new secondary sheeves are the way togo, $180.00 if I remember correct and Get the Heavy Duty Clutch as it will have much larger inner bushing. You need that for the M1000, Im on a 07 m1000 and have done this upgrade also and loved it, less wear in the bushing much larger. You also may want to try a 40/38 multi angle helix or a 38/36. I'm running the 42/38 and have heavy mods on the m1000 though, Love it, Runs Hard,great back shift too.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
You need extra motor mounts, run a 046 belt, and rebuild the secondary, send to bdx, even stock new ones show improvement after going to bdx.

X2. I would suspect your secondary is binding as others have stated. I ran my 09 M1000 with the 36 helix and never had the issues you are talking about. Once I started upgrading the clutching to get the power to the ground, the motor was trying to rip itself out of its mounts. I always used the 060 belts.

Premium Features