• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I realize that many of you don't care for politics

S
Mar 15, 2014
Iowa
Restricting access is restricting ownership. Simple. How much harder do you want it to be? There is already a federal background check, a waiting period for handguns, a thorough background check for carry, etc. What more would you suggest?

and is ANY of it going to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals? NO. Why are the dems looking towards legal owners when it's the criminals they want (aside from the fact that they're actually after our firearms in the long run)? It's already illegal for a convicted criminal to posses a firearm. It's already illegal to commit a crime with a firearm. It's already illegal to shoot someone with a firearm. So tell me, what laws can we make that the criminals WILL follow? Why is everyone's answer more legislation? This is a social issue. Something laws have no jurisdiction over. You just as well pass a law that says it's illegal to think of something illegal.

So, social issue - do you recall when there was a price to pay for doing something stupid? Did you ever get your backside tanned? When victims start standing up, the price for being stupid and robbing or beating someone goes WAY up.

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
This thread should be merged with "are americans really that stupid". Do you guys sleep with your guns and talk to them everyday? The obsession with guns is slowly killing your country. Yet after every tradgedy its brushed off like it's nothing. I still cant read anything on sandy hook or watch it on tv as its just to hard to cope with the thought of what those kids went through. Anti depression medication is prescribed like its candy and many of those people have access to guns. There needs to be major amendments to the constitution on guns.

Isreal is surrounded by millions who want them dead,yet they have incredibly tough gun laws. Even access to bullets is difficult. To bring up obama surrounded by guns is such a ridiculous statement and if you do not understand the situation brings you back to the thread " are americans really that stupid".

I hope by you saying "your county" you're implying that you are not a part of my county. Your ideals are the reason for the decay of America and I hope to GOD that you aren't a part of it.

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
This thread should be merged with "are americans really that stupid". Do you guys sleep with your guns and talk to them everyday? The obsession with guns is slowly killing your country. Yet after every tradgedy its brushed off like it's nothing. I still cant read anything on sandy hook or watch it on tv as its just to hard to cope with the thought of what those kids went through. Anti depression medication is prescribed like its candy and many of those people have access to guns. There needs to be major amendments to the constitution on guns.
Isreal is surrounded by millions who want them dead,yet they have incredibly tough gun laws. Even access to bullets is difficult. To bring up obama surrounded by guns is such a ridiculous statement and if you do not understand the situation brings you back to the thread " are americans really that stupid".

I actually do sleep with my gun, well within arms reach at least.

It is your responsibility to protect you and your family. Not the police, not the government, ect.

The states with the strictest gun laws have the some of the highest crime rates. I fully believe that if more law abiding citizens carried concealed and could defend themselves, crime would decrease.

Im sure all the women that have been raped we're glad to not have a means to defend themselves. You know, because when you ask criminals to the stop they listen. I hope that works out for you in the future.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7OZIOE6aMBk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

This is pretty funny regardless of which side of the argument you find yourself on. Also on a side it did not take too long for the next campus shooting to take place 1 dead 3 shot on Arizona campus let's Pass "Open Carry Laws" for every campus who is with me!!!!!

Update from this morning two shot on a campus in Texas left one dead. I did not notice that there were that many nuts with guns on campus when i went to college. how times have changes huh!!

Last edited:
J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
the media tried to spin the Arizona deal as another "campus shooting"!!! It was really a shooting on campus. Sounds the same but different. Just another way for them to scream for more gun control. Had the Arizona deal happened two miles down the road I doubt it makes the news!!!

B

Bedhead

Jan 3, 2015
Central MN
Slippery slope indeed. Everyone is entitled to there opinion, and thats what makes conversations like these either really fun to get involved in or really annoying. Where I live, you either have to ride your sled in the road ditch or marked trail. No public or private land without permission from the owner. At almost all areas I come across with NO SNOWMOBILING signs posted there is always 1 or 2 tracks going right through, almost like an F U to who ever posted the sign. In my opinion some of the examples given for gun control is the same as saying, know what, since those few guys cant follow the rules we will now completely ban snowmobiles in Minnesota all together. Right?

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I admire bholmlate for arguing his side of this knowing full well how outnumbered his leftist point of view is on this particular forum.

That said, I would rather turn on the news and hear these stories from time to time than live un-armed under the rule of government, which whether you want to believe it or not, is the goal of many on the left.

Having arms & ammo is paramount in our ability to stand up against our govt which is the original intent of the 2nd amendment.

Before becoming interested in the political scene, I would hear of a proposal banning a certain type of gun or a certain type of ammo and would think to myself that it was a reasonable step.
That was small visioned not seeing the big picture.
An exclusion here, a ban there, an ammo tax here and before you know it your freedom is nowhere near what it once was.
It's a slippery slope that can snowball out of control so quickly, and once we lose an inch, it is nearly impossible to regain and the next inch is lost much more easily.

Having arms & ammo is paramount in our ability to stand up against our govt which is the original intent of the 2nd amendment.

I disagree with your interpretation of the intent of the Second Amendment.
The intent was to have it's citizens armed in the event of a foreign invasion. In 1773 the Continental Congress budgeted the defense department every two years and they were worried if an invasion took place they would not have the funds to buy weapons after that two year period elapsed. That's what I remember from my history class. It was then as it is now. It all came down to money.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Off topic I know. In an article I read recently.

Americans over 65 share their greatest regret in life.....
"I would have spent less time worrying" and "I regret that I worried so much about everything."

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
From Wikipedia....

enabling the people to organize a militia system.
participating in law enforcement;
deterring tyrannical government;<SUP id=cite_ref-Dunlap_Revolt_56-0 class=reference>[56]</SUP>
repelling invasion;
suppressing insurrection, allegedly including slave revolts;<SUP id=cite_ref-Bogus1998_57-0 class=reference>[57]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-Hartmann2013_58-0 class=reference>[58]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-Slave_Insurrection_motherjones_59-0 class=reference>[59]</SUP>
facilitating a natural right of self-defense.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
e51eada5d6d6ce2fd6ec3d07d2126f9c.jpg

mold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2009
Lead, SD & Idaho Falls, ID

Off topic I know. In an article I read recently.
Americans over 65 share their greatest regret in life.....
"I would have spent less time worrying" and "I regret that I worried so much about everything."

I regret that I didn't ride more while I could still see well enough to do so.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Who saw the Dem debate Tuesday night?

There was not a "gun friendly" candidate on that stage.

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
"The Views On Gun Control In Rural States Are Different Than In Urban States, Whether We Like It Or Not." - Sanders, Vermont

Guess what the rural state of Vermont has a lot of? (Other than cows and hippies...)

Bernie gets that.

America is too damn big to have the same opinion on anything...

“Our continent’s famed mobility has been reinforcing, not dissolving, regional differences, as people increasingly sort themselves into like-minded communities.” - Woodard

Which of the 11 American nations do you live in?

Different areas. Different problems Different values.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
"The Views On Gun Control In Rural States Are Different Than In Urban States, Whether We Like It Or Not." - Sanders, Vermont
Guess what the rural state of Vermont has a lot of? (Other than cows and hippies...)
Bernie gets that.

America is too damn big to have the same opinion on anything...

“Our continent’s famed mobility has been reinforcing, not dissolving, regional differences, as people increasingly sort themselves into like-minded communities.” - Woodard

Which of the 11 American nations do you live in?

Different areas. Different problems Different values.

Reading that was like watching a Hotels.com commercial....Thank you captain obvious!
Geographical stereotyping for the most part.
Could have also added that areas with a high African American population consumed more chicken while areas with high Native American population consumed more alcohol. True statements, yet totally meaningless data.

D

Disco Dan Richter

Nov 27, 2007
Me no snow ta
www.grandgarages.com
Our country is falling apart

Indeed, we are on the wrong path. I have started a network, to be ready for the likely end of our country and the beginning of a new one. This is already growing at a crazy pace, if you want to be part of something really independent, have a look and email me.
https://helena.craigslist.org/grp/5261971286.html

The democrat party has taken the wrong road, the republicns are in bed with them. Be ready for your life to be altered, or be a drone.

Premium Features