• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rino 530 and Google maps

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
I am having a heck of a time finding a way that I can lay tracks from my Rino over google maps or any satellite imagery maps........

Anyone know if this is possible with a freebieware??

I have Garmin Topo's but would like to see it on sat. images.

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
1st do you have google earth installed, it is free.
If so when in mapsource from Garmin select the view menu and on the bottom of the list select view in google earth.

If this does not work you may need to uninstall google earth or you can save the file as a *.mps file and then open that in google earth.

good luck:D

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
If so when in mapsource from Garmin select the view menu and on the bottom of the list select view in google earth.

If this does not work you may need to uninstall google earth or you can save the file as a *.mps file and then open that in google earth.

Gimp- you da man!!!!! Done and Done!!:cool::D

J

JohnnyQuestUtah

Oct 30, 2008
Union Bench, Utah
snowslide.gif

D

dustbuster

Apr 8, 2009
Great tip...

Thanks for the tip...I was wondering how to do that! :)

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
If any of you want to waste a few hours, check out the google earth flight simulator......you can fly over all your favorite spots and give them a look from the air. Pretty dang sweet!

Premium Features