• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer questions

rmking700

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2014
Utah
Looking into building up a phazer todo some goofing around on and for a sled to take the nephew's and my boys on in a few years. Can anyone tell me when they started coming with two carbs? If I remember right mine as a kid only had one? What kind of power do these motors put out? I was using an indy 488 before with a rebuild and some motor work long tracked and I'd like to put that track and.skid under here it's a 141_2" would the power be worth my while to swap the polaris motor in? Thinking I'd swap the drive shafts and chain case from the polaris for some more track clearance and better clutching and would consider swapping the built up motor in as well as the front and tunnel of the indy is totaled now. Love this little sleds I had one as a kid and can't wait to build one up again

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
They were all twin carbed. Mic butterfly's. Engine made 56 horse stock. I personally had good luck with those little engines. Aaen made a great pipe for them. Ported and with a pipe it would run right with my vmax. A 100 hp liquid. I had one with a 136 track and Simmons 1.5 plastic cleates. An amazing sled for its time.

Premium Features