• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch juru's

S
Feb 21, 2009
I've heard of grinding down clutch weights and was going to attempt this. Where is the best place to take off weight? thanks.

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
grinding weights

depends on the mods on the motor and riding type. some times you need more on the tip than the heal for pipes and clutching performance(mods and so on). Personally I would look at Speedwerx weights they are better than stock and are dead on the money weight wise. If you are off a little you now are out of balance on the crank shaft and that isn't a good thing for the bearings.:face-icon-small-coo

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
with the cat weights I take it off the back side of the tip. ebay has scales for cheep and a bench grinder works good as does a bench belt sander, some guys even stick a hand belt grinder in a vice.
As a example many times Ive had to take Cats 75 gr weight down to 73.5 and removing the weight from the back of the tip was the ticket.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I like to take it off the sides. That wy you dont run the risk of throwing the balance of the weight off. If you take more off the tip of one or more off the heel it will act different then the other weights.

Premium Features