• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best mod for a 06 m7

M
Nov 7, 2014
Heres the deal the bottom end sucks on my sled. Its stock with a can . Cleaned the power valves new pulgs. But still wayyy boggy on the bottom end. So where would you start clutch kit, reeds, pipe , control box? Anny outhers? Thanks for the help guys.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You start with a high compression head. Depending on the can you are using, but most aftermarket cans didn't work good on the M7 either. PM me with the brand of can you are using and I can let you know if it is good or bad.

S
Feb 21, 2009
stock can

Like said stock can new belt and deflection set right 87 octane gas never had that problem. the stock belt is a must too. good luck

Tee-Kay

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Not sure how many miles you have on the machine but have you ever replaced your reeds? I don't recall the exact mileage but it was under 3000 miles when I started to get a bog from time to time on my 06 M7...for me it turned out to be the reeds (they were in fairly bad shape) but I also ran V-force on that machine.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Are we talking an actual bog or just lazy feeling on bottom end? If its an actual bog then something is wrong and needs addressed I.e. Aftermarket can may need removed etc. If is just lazy feeling that's how these sleds feel stock, the mods I mentioned above help in that area.

M
Nov 7, 2014
I would say its more lazy . Anny one know where i can find a high comp head used or cheaper then 500$ for a new rkt? Thanks for all the help.!

B

Brutus

Nov 14, 2008
Helena MT
I would say its more lazy . Anny one know where i can find a high comp head used or cheaper then 500$ for a new rkt? Thanks for all the help.!

Keep checking the swap meet on here... I've purchased two different rk tek m7 heads for around $250 over the years. May even toss a WTB add out there. There's a used m7 / 800 rk tek big bore on there for a decent price that's the only one I see right now. Unless the guy looking to trade his cutler dragoncat for a stocker m7 is still out there.... :face-icon-small-con. That'll fix your bog....

Bru

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I just had rkt recut my stock head, it may not be quite the same as a billet head but its been doin the job on my m7 for 8 years now and I wanna say it was about $180. The gear down and bigger secondary clutch helped a ton on bottom end also.

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
when I had my m7 I had D&D y-pipe and pipe, skinz can, 13-1 head, RKT secondary kit on a 10.4 clutch and a 2.25 powerclaw track and I couldn't have been happier that thing ran extremely well

T
Jan 19, 2009
Georgetown ca
I couldn't find any can to work good with stock pipe or speed worx pipe.
Speed worx pipe has really bad lean bog till the pipe gets hot even with stock can.
I switched to twin 5yrs ago and will never look back at single pipe again on my m7's
Recut stock head 13.2to1 D&D twins cut there can in half added some baffling because it was stupid loud. Now it has sweet tone runs like a champ.
Have almost same setup on my 06 LE as well but it has 820cc big bore kit with nitrous.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
How does a RKT head compare to a cut stock head? Will it be a noticeable difference given compression being kept the same? I imagine a RKT can run higher compression safely though.

T
Jan 19, 2009
Georgetown ca
M7 doesn't seem to like real high comp 12.7-13.2 to one is what I found works good and you don't take much material out of the domes so I believe the stock one piece head can dissipate he just fine.
I can cut a stock head to what ever comp you want for 150.00

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
Best mod is 800cc kit! With stock pipe etc you don't even need any fuel box. All bogs and issues are gone right away. Just bolt on top end there, add weight to primary and drive hard. After some time when you want more power, theres possibility to double the increase with pipe and other goodies :)

Premium Features