• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M hood options ?

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Any new options ?? thought I would ask since more and more people are making CF

I like the diamond S but it needs a good gauge pod.

Im going to be sticking with the M for a bit and Im not to happy with the one M I have the hood is swizz cheese

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
If I was to get a new hood id get a thrasher hood, extremely strong. Right now I have the mountain fit hood and the fit of the hood is poor and it looked to be really strong and flexible at first, but I destroyed that hood already this season, definitely weaker than stock. Cant speak for any other hoods out there, but for I believe $200 you cant go wrong with the thrasher and lots of venting to go with it. I saw people making custom gauge mounts for those mesh hoods, Im sure you could find someone kicking around that makes those.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I have tried Diamond S, Skinz, Thrasher and stock hoods.

The stock hood is more rigid and protects the important stuff inside the best. Stock fits the best, holds lights and gauges best. If you're into graphics / wraps stock is the best. When rolling your sled in firm snow or loose it into a tree, again.... stock is best. But thats just my experience!

Last edited:

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I'm in Canada so shipping a hood won't work but thx.
Biggest problem with the stock hood is the intake ducting ! It just doesn't work with other pipes that I've had. I've ran a timbersled intake for a while now and it's hard to get cool air up front.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
09 M8 , I had the SLP single with the hood gutted and timbersled intake. Now I have Jaws twins on it and I never had any melting until I rolled it over a few times to to get unstuck.
I sold my SLP set up to a buddy and his stock intake is melted to $hit. We even cut down the pipe rest but it still touches the intake.
Gutting the hood makes for lots of vents/air flow but the aftermarket intakes like the timbersled one I have dont work when snow is coming over the hood.

Premium Features