• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Headlight delete and light bar install

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I'm not too bright but even I can figure out to take the headlights out.

But what are you guys doing to wire up and led light bar? I thought the stock headlights were AC power so obviously not those.

Mountainfit sells these things
http://stores.mountainfithoods.net/led-light-kit-hood-mount-short/

But you can find the same/similar light for about 50 bucks. Is that wiring harness worth $70? And more importantly what does it plug into?

Is there a 12v accessory plug hanging out somewhere under the hood?

Thanks!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I got a light bar that pulls 2 amps. If that plug is DC is this going to pull too much power?

It's a bltch finding any info on this. It's not like I'm the only person to ever put an led light on these things........

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
DC wires will be red w a blue stripe, pretty sure all AC wires will be yellow.
Kidwoo do you plan to have the light come on at start up or you going to have a switch ?
Ive been thinking of a LED light bar, lots of places sell them.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
DC wires will be red w a blue stripe, pretty sure all AC wires will be yellow.
Kidwoo do you plan to have the light come on at start up or you going to have a switch ?
Ive been thinking of a LED light bar, lots of places sell them.

I bought a little toggle switch for it.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I've got the DC power converter and the light installed on the hood/windshield.

I know the converter changes that accessory plug to DC but I need that lead down by the nose of the sled to run it up inside the hood. I'm not even going to consider taking apart that master harness mess.

Can I just pull a lead straight from the converter? There are a ton of unused connections, including one that looks just like the dc 2 pin up by the steering post.

This is the plug.

picture.php

This is the part it's coming from that I just put in.

http://store.arcticcat.com/product/819909/5639-258/_/DC_Power_Kit_'09-'11_M,_CF,_CFR

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Since everyone is on the edge of their seats dying to know the answer to this, I risked life and limb by actually starting up my sled and putting a volt meter on that plug.

It is in fact DC current. That's what that overpriced box does.

We may all sleep easy now.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
So much more info is needed. What year is your sled? Are you running a boondockers boost card? 250 for a ac/to dc box doesn't seem very sensible.. A $3 rectifier should have done the job..

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
So much more info is needed. What year is your sled? Are you running a boondockers boost card? 250 for a ac/to dc box doesn't seem very sensible.. A $3 rectifier should have done the job..

I know it's not sensible that's why I started this thread. Where were you a month ago? :D

But I bought one, stuck it on my 2010 M8 and have had a working light since christmas. It's all good.

I don't even know what a boondockers boost card is. Will it help me dangle?

Premium Features