• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 M7 running on one cylinder

P
Mar 4, 2009
Billings, MT
Guys, I need help. I have a 2006 M7 EFI that has a speedwerx big bore kit in it. It ran like a champ last spring before I put it up for the summer. I ran it out of fuel and I noticed that it wasn't running very well. Last week I got it running again with the same problem. I noticed that the pipe for the right cylinder was hot and the left cylinder pipe was cold. I replaced the spark plugs and still running the same. I checked the fuel pump and it runs with a 12 volt supply. I am running out of ideas of what to check before taking it in to the Arctic Cat shop here in Billings. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
How did the plugs looked when you replaced them?

List of other items to check

Visually inspect cylinders through the Y-pipe
Compression
Injector wires
Swap spark plug wires and see if it follows

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Try dumping a bit of fuel down the cylinder that is not firing and see what happens. I replaced a fuel pump on a king cat over the summer and when trying to get it started it only fired on one side. I had to dump fuel down the dead cylinder a couple times before it stayed running then all was fine. It was like it wouldn't prime both cylinders from pullin the rope.

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
Guys, I need help. I have a 2006 M7 EFI that has a speedwerx big bore kit in it. It ran like a champ last spring before I put it up for the summer. I ran it out of fuel and I noticed that it wasn't running very well. Last week I got it running again with the same problem. I noticed that the pipe for the right cylinder was hot and the left cylinder pipe was cold. I replaced the spark plugs and still running the same. I checked the fuel pump and it runs with a 12 volt supply. I am running out of ideas of what to check before taking it in to the Arctic Cat shop here in Billings. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Toss some fuel down the plug hole and see if it fires. If it does the smart valves are probably stuck from running out. Pull them out and wash with methyle hydrate. If I doesn't fire check the stator and coils

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Sometimes you can get it to go by tapping on the injector with a screw driver or something while the sled is running. You can also verify by pulling the injectors out of the throttle bodies and keeping them connected to the fuel rail, then pull the sled over, its pretty easy to see if they are both firing. those screws that hold the fuel rail in place can be a bear to get out. they strip pretty easy, the heads not the threads. I always change them to a allen head screw.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Wuhan, WA
Fresh fuel? I know that sometimes when i fire mine up first ride of the year if i leave the old fuel in it, especially if it has stabil in it it can run on one sometimes. Fresh fuel usually helps that.

Spark to both sides? Check and make sure both spark plugs are working properly.

Injectors? Sometimes the injectors get sticky over the summer. I have taken a battery in the past and with some wire touched the injectors to give them a quick cycle to un stick them.

Just a couple things that I have had problems with in the past that have helped me.

Premium Features