• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sea level turbo kits? any out there?

s.e.xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
juneau ak
Has anybody run a turbo on the etec at low elevations? if so what kit and fuel? problems and solutions? think about going this way but cant find any info. We ride from 500' to about 3500' here in alaska.

L

Lynxman

Sep 20, 2009
I rode an Aerochargerkit for two seasons at 800-3000" in Norway on Shell v-power pumpgas with no problems on stock engine. Ran really good at 4-5psi.

G
Apr 23, 2008
be carefull, the BD system I am advisning on has to be run on at least 100ll at sealevel for anything over 3 psi boost.

ANY kit with a stock head at sea level IS going to have fuel quality limitations and overheating issues if the systems builders used the old ( always done it that way ) designs.

Doo has sent donw a lower comp head for testing next week, I expect it too allow 2 psi more boost at best.. ( 6-7 total on 100 ll )..

Seal level with 5 feet of snow vs seal level with 2 ffet of hard groomed packed icey trail are 2 very very different conditions to ride in and require a different plan to be reliable.

I can give some vague details but the folks who are financing this project no longer want me to share specifics..

Gus

L

luongo01

Feb 24, 2009
quebec
air/snow intercoler do work good at low elevation when comming soon and how much 8 psi its possible with this kit

Premium Features