• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

i want laydown steering for an 2014 m6000

M
Oct 23, 2013
i want to change the vertical steering and put in
laydown steering into m6000 2014 what is required to get this to work
thanks

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Check with your dealer

i want to change the vertical steering and put in
laydown steering into m6000 2014 what is required to get this to work
thanks
As the Proclimb chassis offers both, I imagine you would need to order a steering post and riser from a std 800, other parts may be required, check with your dealer.

I'm putting in vertical adjustable steering in my xf sp that has the laydown. If you had it already I'd have been willing to trade. I could be convinced to sell mine for about $200 shipped but i don't know when i'll have it out and ready (probably by next weekend depending on when my parts show up.

Take a look at the HCR post setup on country cat's store. They have a lot of pictures of what's needed to add it to a laydown sled. You'd need the same parts off a xf cross country.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I have the stuff off of a 2013 standard that could switch you over. I would trade you for the vertical steering parts.

oldcrow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Central MN
The horizontal steering depending how you adjust your riser is a lot further forward.

You can install the HCR vertical steering and tilt your bars forward but not nearly as far forward as the horizontal steering and if you do your bars are on an arch not twisting.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
If I come back to a proclimb I'll be doing a laydown post with a C3 post forward kit, just to be more forward, and eliminate all the slop in the (IMO)poorly designed vertical setup. The linkage, and two different posts is just a system that can be imporved upon, and the laydown setup with a post forward is almost vertical anyhow.

Riding doos in the past I HATED the laydown steering, but after riding ones with the post pushed forward, it's a totally different game, the same goes for the PC... set it up right & it's a lighter, more solid, tight setup that lets you get more forward.

Btw I don't ride trail at all aside from a few areas I ride where it takes a few minutes to get somewhere good.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
If I come back to a proclimb I'll be doing a laydown post with a C3 post forward kit, just to be more forward, and eliminate all the slop in the (IMO)poorly designed vertical setup. The linkage, and two different posts is just a system that can be imporved upon, and the laydown setup with a post forward is almost vertical anyhow.

Riding doos in the past I HATED the laydown steering, but after riding ones with the post pushed forward, it's a totally different game, the same goes for the PC... set it up right & it's a lighter, more solid, tight setup that lets you get more forward.

Good god what have they done to you?

You getting a tattoo of a cute little bumblebee flexing his cute little bumblebee muscle next?

Premium Features