• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rumble pack back pressure adjuster???

Jonathanpitzl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2013
Wabasso mn
We all know the sno stuff rumble pack wasn't a very good can for the m7.
It makes my m7 cut out. I'm just wondering if it makes since to anyone if a back preasure adjuster would help. Something like a slide gate in front or behind the can. that can be slid in and out
You think it would work or have any suggestions besides putting the stock can back on?

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
We all know the sno stuff rumble pack wasn't a very good can for the m7.
It makes my m7 cut out. I'm just wondering if it makes since to anyone if a back preasure adjuster would help. Something like a slide gate in front or behind the can. that can be slid in and out
You think it would work or have any suggestions besides putting the stock can back on?

Not worth the hassle of messing around, if it was possible someone would have already done it.. the 700 works way better with the stock can. period. The little weight savings you are getting with a can isn't worth the hassle of the bog. We fought it with two M7s and finally just put the stock can back on, now they rip.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
All the cat efi's are quite touchy about back pressure and seems to be directly related to fuel pressure. Half the 900's run great with the Thing can and half ran like crap, only real difference was a slight deviation in fuel pressure. Like the guys said, it would be a lot of hassle but on the other hand I always think it's fun to experiment. I would make a makeshift gate or port valve and go play until it worked good then make a stinger with the same flow rate. Maybe just an exercise in futility but you never know what you can do until you try.

Jonathanpitzl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2013
Wabasso mn
It would be a good summer project with my spare time, plus it would be fun to make it, if it doesn't work I'll just throw the stock can on

Premium Features