• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

has anyone had success w/1000 boondocker

T
Dec 24, 2007
I have 07 xfire1k.I ALSO HAVE COMPLETE SET UP FROM SLP Y PIPE,PIPE,CAN AND BOONDOCKER BOX.I'VE HAD THIS SET UP SITTING IN A BOX NOW FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS AND NEVER INSTALLED IT DUE TO NOT SURE OF ALL THE POST SAYING IT DOESNT WORK BUT I REALLY WANT TO TRY IT THIS BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE MY LAST YEAR WITH THIS SLED.I WAS JUST HOPING SOMEONE CAME CLOSE TO GETTING TO WORK.ALL HELP IS MOST APPRECIATE TY TI CAT

R

redwolf_92

Feb 19, 2011
Wadena, Mn
Cant speak to the boondocker, but the combo works well with a PCV. If nothing else you could sell the boondocker and buy something else.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I had the PC5 and it was awesome

I'm sure if u knew the boonie box really well, the box is capable of it, but it's such a pain in the arse that nobody uses it with that setup. if u add all the SLP stuff, be sure to do the SLP air intake it helps a ton

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
I have the SLP set up w/ boondocker box on a M1000. The biggest issue I have had with it is in the Mid Range when the Valves open up. Top end and bottom end have never been an issue with the box. It has been tough dialing in the mid range. It seems that either it has a lean bog or its getting to much fuel at the wrong RPM's before or right after the valves open.

If you have the ability I would ebay/snowest the bd box and find a PCV with the map from SLP.

As AV8ER stated above, for that to really all work together you can do all kinds of different intake setups......... do a search on intakes lot's of posts on that.

BTW, the numbers vary widely from sled to sled. I have a very similar sled as others and numbers have never matched up between the two. Check plugs, check piston wash, buy EGT's, etc............ also a lot of posts on that topic as well.

M
Dec 23, 2010
BD

Buddy and I have 08 and 09 M1000. Boxes work great? don't know what every ones problems are. We ride 3-7000. One SW setup one SLP setup. We're taking fuel out at the bottom, fairly stock in the mid, up and down a bit then adding as rpm increases. Did pistons before the season as preventative, wash was perfect. Oh, and Wiscos are working great for all you Wisco bashers.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Do you have EGTs? I highly recommend them to dial this motor in. Boondocker box works and I had one on my 09 M1000, but it just doesn't have the fine tuning ability of the PCV. If you are cruising down the trail at a constant 5800-6000RPMs you will get a hot spot. I've tried to add fuel to the 5500 and 6250 blocks at mid throttle opening and I could get it to stay cool, but I lost response in the trees so I just made sure to not cruise on the trail.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
great success

I've ran a full Speedwerx set up with an Ultra Q can for 5 years, ported, head. All controlled by a Boondocker box and this sled flat rips!

You do need to do your homework with the BD box and this forum has proven many don't like homework. :face-icon-small-win

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Boondocker

I've ran a full Speedwerx set up with an Ultra Q can for 5 years, ported, head. All controlled by a Boondocker box and this sled flat rips!

You do need to do your homework with the BD box and this forum has proven many don't like homework. :face-icon-small-win

Not afraid of home work, if I called Boondocker could they send the use instructions for one of their boxes from 08? This is on an 08 1000 and from what I can tell was part of the slp package from that year, I bought the sled with 290 mi. on it, but the guy I bought it from could not find the paper work for the kit. FYI the kit was installed at what was one of the best cat shops here in western wa. until the inevitable happened the Fricken ECONOMY..... So the setup was installed and tuned well, I find it to be a little rich on the bottom and I am new to this tech, It does have slp's egt gauge so not worries there. Just would be nice to see the instructions to better understand how the system works.....

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
It takes a few reads and some hill time as well but BD technology works. Best of luck to you!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Ya,, knew I would have to read through it a couple times. I need to get the battery connector so I can fiddle with it on the hill. I have the limp home device but not the other... I was able to figure out how to set the points in a 70"s husky dirt bike for a friend of mine using the manual. Sounds easy but translated from Swedish and having more than one adjustment to make was challenging......

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
pay the few bucks for boondocker to upgrade that box to their new 13 rpm system..

I just upgraded from my pure logic to the new boondocker that just plugs into the ecu instead of the injectors.

I really can't see any situation that the boondocker will not handle..i love it..once its set she is clean and steady..

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
What I like

pay the few bucks for boondocker to upgrade that box to their new 13 rpm system..

I just upgraded from my pure logic to the new boondocker that just plugs into the ecu instead of the injectors.

I really can't see any situation that the boondocker will not handle..i love it..once its set she is clean and steady..

I think this should go to a sticky BY IT"S SELF or with one for electrical.. I know I could have looked at Boondockers web site but I am not totally ready to ride yet.. So I cruise around in here getting ideas and this one will help..

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Ran it many years on multiple sleds, I can tell you thought the number one factor for keeping the motor running,
Get some koso dual fast prob egts, install them with the sled stock, go out and hold it wot for as long as possible and record temps, 15seconds plus. Usually they will run 1150-1160* WOT and hold.

at 6-6200 rpm it will run around 1260*, those are the 2 spots that are major for tuning but pay attention for a few rides.

Then when it comes to tuning just make it do the same but the mid range is always risky on a mod 1000, most of us just vary the throttle to keep it cool because you can't tune it out. If you add fuel at 6000rpm the exhaust temp sensor will pull the fuel you put in and lean it out and cause major tunning issues. But with know before what your temps are is how the factory ecu is programmed and the closer you match it the stronger the 1000 runs.

I tried running wot around 1250 and couldn't pull a hill, Once I got the temp to hold around 1160 I pulled the hill with skis up. This is by far the number one setup on 1000's and I wouldn't own one with anything less than this setup.

I also ran a fuel pressure regulator and had gains.

I can walk you through this on the phone if you would like to set that up

R
Nov 29, 2007
Livingston, Montana
I have had zero issues with my Boondocker box on a 2007 M1000 with the complete SLP exhaust setup. I have had some operator errors like a frozen injector, and I burned up the stock sled at 12 miles on the first break-in ride, which made me decide to get the boondocker box at the moment the warranty was off the sled.

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
2008 M1000 stock not updated ecu.

I bought the sled from a really knowledgeable sled owner and he dialer this sled in.

SLP intake, Y, pipe and can. The map below ran great! the sled ripped but I updated to the 2009 mapping to get electronic reverse, and It doesn't run as well as it did.
I run a different settings now. The 08 mapping below

3000 00 01 00 00
5000 01 00 00 00
6500 -02 07 08 00
7200 01 03 06 02
7500 00 06 09 04
7800 -02 15 19 04

It may not work that well for you but gives you a base line or comparison point.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Dump the boonie box- sell it

Buy a Power commander 5, you will be very happy then. I sure was when I did it. on my 09 m1000. u can buy the pc5 on the internet for under $300. then get a map from racinstation

Premium Features