• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Most miles seen on turbo kits?

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
What's the most miles you guys have seen on your turbo kits with out significant work to the sled? Basic stuff is always a must. Silber or bd or any brand... Pros axys let's hear it... My buddy got 3000 on silber kit at 7 lbs no more than few belts primary spring and plug here or there

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
my 13 is coming up on 4k miles. 3k on boost. replaced pistons as preventative maintenance at about 2k. prolly 3 or 4 primary springs, 3 or 4 clutch belts, and 1 drive belt. replaced reeds every season. No issues. Silber kit at 7 lbs. pretty hard to beat.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
I been thinking hard on the axys reeds I know they are way outclassing pro reeds not sure if I'll replace or not maybe round 1500-2000 mark if sled lasts that long... I'd like to pop top on her then too and freshen her up... Might just run it till it goes into my parts bin just to see how many miles I can make

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Took a reflashed silber kit off a 2011 pro with about 1500 boosted miles on it and put it on his 2015 and its still rocking with over a 1000 miles this season. Honestly it seems to be more of the chassis falling apart from aggressive riding then motor issues especially on the axys at this point. 2k of hammering a sled through bumps humps and jumps with the added power and the sled is about ready to be thrown away. I love how the axys chassis handles but this is going to be its greatest downfall.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
Took a reflashed silber kit off a 2011 pro with about 1500 boosted miles on it and put it on his 2015 and its still rocking with over a 1000 miles this season. Honestly it seems to be more of the chassis falling apart from aggressive riding then motor issues especially on the axys at this point. 2k of hammering a sled through bumps humps and jumps with the added power and the sled is about ready to be thrown away. I love how the axys chassis handles but this is going to be its greatest downfall.

the chassis isnt going to hold up as good as the pro in your opinion?

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
What's your guys annual maintenance on your turbo sleds. My buddy's I told you that got 2600 on axys didn't do much, I was curious on reeds? Normally I do my plugs yearly and few other small stuff, but not sure on axys being this was its debut season on boost and snow?

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
I'm sold on turbo's. They can live a long life with smart maintenance, good fuel, and a great install. I'm lucky to be able to ride with a lot of turboed sleds, many with high miles. The highest mileage turbo I've ever seen was an '07 M8 with over 8k mountain miles. OVS turbo at 15 lbs. The owner put a new top end every 2k miles. I saw this sled back in 2011.

The highest mileage Pro I've seen was a '13 with 7200 and a '14 with 7500. Both BD race kits, 10 lbs boost and both on their 2nd top end.

I feel install is key, and then keeping everything clean and tight afterwards. New reeds with every top end (probably 600 miles on high boosted Cats).

Premium Features