• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS BOONDOCKER SIDEKICK PROBLEM

jcb

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2004
Where there is snow
2016 AXYS BOONDOCKER TURBO HELP

I have a Axys with a Boondocker Sidekick turbo that when put under load and high throttle will go into limp mode and say Maximum detination detected PTO and Mag every single time. Boondocker cant seem to figure it out and Alpine cant figure it out. Dose anyone have this problem or know someone that has? Any help would be great. Thank you!

jcb

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2004
Where there is snow
I have a Axys with a Boondocker Sidekick turbo that when put under load and high throttle will go into limp mode and say Maximum detination detected PTO and Mag every single time. Boondocker cant seem to figure it out and Alpine cant figure it out. Dose anyone have this problem or know someone that has? Any help would be great. Thank you!

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I assume they have changed out the det sensor? Any thing hitting,rattling, knocking against the motor anywhere?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

We need WAY more information.
Please share more about what they've checked.
What is the code that it throws?
What have they checked or replaced?

How many miles on the chassis before the turbo? Did it do it before the turbo was installed?

Pgritton

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2009
Soda Springs
www.pgoutdoors.com
What are your fuel tank levels when this happens? Are you on a steep grade? Are you certain you are using 91 Octane fuel? Have you added a gallon of race fuel to a tank of gas and tried it?

jcb

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2004
Where there is snow
What are your fuel tank levels when this happens? Are you on a steep grade? Are you certain you are using 91 Octane fuel? Have you added a gallon of race fuel to a tank of gas and tried it?

Full tank. yes on the 91. have tried race fuel, eth and non eth. changed the setting in computer nothing helps. Checked and rechecked install over and over again.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Tested all what other parts? Stock parts, BD parts?

Did they check the det sensor? has the det sensor been torqued properly?

what elevation are you riding?

What are you using for plugs? Is the motor bone stock?

jcb

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2004
Where there is snow
BD parts. Det sensor was not checked but I just called them to send me a new one. Running at 10k + elevation. BPR9ES Well the motor is not stock it has a turbo

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
Another thing to remember is hitting the rev limiter also throws the same det code. My sidekick would always hit the rev limiter until I sorted out the clutching.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
BD parts. Det sensor was not checked but I just called them to send me a new one. Running at 10k + elevation. BPR9ES Well the motor is not stock it has a turbo

No, the motor itself. Your not running a head, or sime porting. The composition of the motor is stock?

Dave, that was my next thought.

JCB What is in your sled for clutching, gearing ect.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Throttle stuck error is interesting.

Wonder if that causes an over-rev or det mode.

Premium Features