• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Vs. Boondocker

S
Mar 29, 2016
Auburn CA.
okay guys new to Snow West and this may already be discussed some where but here we go. I'm looking at getting a turbo for my 2015 pro 800 163. I road my boss's 2016 800 axys with boondockers sidekick turbo at like 5lbs of boost or something like that and it was amazing. Problem is the set up like that on a 15 is 5 grand. But iv also ridden a 16 with silber's kit with external waste gate. but I don't have like any time behind the bars on that one. but the kit is only $3200 ish for the 15. so if you guys have input on performance and reliability on the 2 systems would be appreciated. I plan on running around 5lbs of boost and pump gas.

Last edited:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Serious?? Dude did u do any research at all? Look 2 threads down.....

Come on,its the guys second post.
Give him a break.no one died or got hurt because of it.

To the original poster I have no experience with the Silber kit but there sure are a lot of them out there.
I would certainly try and get some azz time behind one before purchasing one though.
Good luck!

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I love my Boondocker kit. A lot of guys have silber and love those kits as well. If the silber kit is the one you can afford go with that kit everyone loves it so it shouldn't be a problem!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
There is a bunch of nice used kits out there. I would check that first. Along those lines there are a TON of boosted sleds out there for sale cheap. There was a Pro on FB that was identical to Burandts Carbon sled for 10-12,000. They will take some dollars in maintanence. Still that's cheap. That is a lot of fun for that money and you have a sled that's done.

Just a thought to sell yours and buy one complete.

Silber vs BD. That just turns into a monkey poop fight at the zoo. Where are you located? Is there a kit dealer close by?

F
Nov 26, 2007
Murray Utah
I am extremely pleased with my Boondockers kit. Well worth every penny. The service and tech support is top knotch. Once had to run race gas instead of my regular 100 LL AV Gas and I called them from the mountain and they helped me tune it to the higher octane....Last month I blew an oil line and cooked the turbine...Called them, they talked me through pulling it apart and sending in the core for exchange...Next day it was on its way back to me with new oil lines and filter...For me, its a question of getting what you paid for. I'm not knocking Sliber because I've not had any dealing with them but Boondockers had treated me right and the kit is simple, troublefree and flat out performs.

homeboy

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2003
Chehalis
There are a few used Silber kits used as well as boondocker but if you buy a Silber kit they do charge 250.00 bucks to flash your ECU if you buy a used one so need to add that to cost of used

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Thanks every one. I think I'm going to go with the Silber kit just to save a little money. there's a guy her with a kit for sale and he is a dealer but wont respond to me.

I went with Silber, I love it. I am in Paradise, Ca too. I don't think you will regret it. I'm running it with the lighter wastegate spring on pumpgas.

Premium Features