• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket clutching for axys turbo

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
I was kicking around the idea of running some aftermarket clutching with my sidekick turbo. Had anyone done this? Worth it? Not worth it? What are you running? PFA
7cc1a0b3b9746739cbb302cb221b199a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

S

sno-addict

Oct 21, 2008
I am running a straight 48 helix with a Speedwerx H5 black purple spring in my MTNTK turbo, I really like the combo.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Burandt and Vohk have some different setups, I would talk to them

F

fitler

May 14, 2009
Indy specialties has an interesting new setup using a heavier primary cover allowing a softer spring. They also have turbo specific weights. Haven't tried it but Dan knows his stuff.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
We have ran a bunch of different clutching. Hands down my favorite is TRS's. Tony is a forum member and all his specs are listed in the Polaris section. Follow it to a T. You will be happy. Like I said follow it to a T. The parts are available at Rogers Sports in Cody. If they are out I can help you.

This will be the first year we run it on a Sidekick, but I expect the results to be the same. Fantastic

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Whats the heaviest lightning weight you can get? I've looked and am coming up short. We're running 10lbs at 6000'.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
What size do you think you need. I have 75's, I think there was one size bigger.

We are working on someone making them again.

10lbs at 6000 is pretty healthy. I used to think 10lbs was a good starting point, but the new sleds. 6-8 lbs is a lot of fun.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
We have ran a bunch of different clutching. Hands down my favorite is TRS's. Tony is a forum member and all his specs are listed in the Polaris section. Follow it to a T. You will be happy. Like I said follow it to a T. The parts are available at Rogers Sports in Cody. If they are out I can help you.

This will be the first year we run it on a Sidekick, but I expect the results to be the same. Fantastic

Where do you find TRS clutching details?

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Was looking at a set of Dans weights yesterday and they don't have bushings. What gives? Guys have tried that in the past and it doesn't work out. Very surprised to see this.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Which weights? The Lightnings or his turbo weights?

It works just fine. Something is going to wear out. Bushings or pins. Pins actually last longer then most bushings. Plus bushings are a lot more work to change. Most people are not changing bushings near enough. Your loosing performance. Pins are easy swap and its more apparent to most people that they need to be changed.

People don't realize bushings should be changed every 4-5-6 rides maybe.

I would guess that's his explanation. Best bet is to call him, thats how you will get the best answer.

Last edited:
A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I think its the turbo weights I was looking at. I replace bushings once to twice a year and clean clutches every 3-4 rides. I also change springs every 350-500miles. But replacing bushings or pins are WAY cheaper than replacing $220 weights. Very odd they would not have bushings; enough to keep from likely buying them.

Premium Features