• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cutler 950 big bore

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
m8mm is right, the probes should be just short of the tip being in the center.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Egt placement

what I've read 5.5 inches from the front of the piston skirt to egt mounting hole should give you 1250 when tuned right. Dale told my Buddy he likes to run the M1000 pig rich at 1050 max egt. he says they like the fuel and run hard and safe with that setup. it did have a few burps in it with that setup , but my other buddy who bought it got rid of that with a Boost it Box. I've always ran EGT's now I have an AFR- goofy Chit in my opinion, only time a reading is valid is WFO. when it WFO the last thing I'm looking at is a gauge, watching ahead of me not to run into trees and the like, watching my line.

I watched a guy 2 years ago who has just installed a new turbo kit, climbed up a hill staring at his gauges and then ran into a tree , pretty much totalling his sled. funny as he11, Dumbazz.

Last edited:

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Lol. I was talking to dale a couple of hours ago. Hes telling me to run a 4 degree key now amd to watch my temps when half throttle.

4 degrees sounds more right.
I tuned a D&D901 in a proclimb, and ended up with 5 degree advanced timing at top.
I did use the PCV with timing adjustment, so no need to worry about the midrange thou.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
4 degrees sounds more right.
I tuned a D&D901 in a proclimb, and ended up with 5 degree advanced timing at top.
I did use the PCV with timing adjustment, so no need to worry about the midrange thou.

They are sweet, dont know why every builder is not using them

S
Nov 27, 2007
Cpc bb

I phoned dale for info on my dragon cat 1000. All he did was quack about how he designed the motor. Bla bla ba , me me me. He was absolutely 0 help.
BS excuses IMO .crap customer service!!!!!
Good thing there was some help on here!

Premium Features