• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

36" arms or offset spindles?

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
I'm running 39" ZBROZ a arms right now which I have no issues with, but want to go narrow. Spindles look like much less work to install, but do they really do what the narrow arms do? Also, zrp website shows a 3-4 week wait on production of the spindles, but arms are in stock through lots of retailers for zbroz. Real world experience with both would be greatly appreciated... also, if somebody has a set of zrp spindles they want to sell I'm all ears!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I have zbros 39 and ZRP offset spindles and love it. Ran 36 alt imp last year and thought it was too much.

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
I put 36" zbroz arms on my pro last year. I also did the zbroz dual rate springs on the stock shocks. It sucked. I still have the 36" arms and new Exit shock now. I love it.

P
Jan 9, 2016
I have 39" zbroz arms and the offset spindles. I wanted to do the 36" a arms but since mine is a 12 pro I'd need to ether re valve my shocks and or get 13 or newer shocks. Seemed easier to just do spindles. I was told 4 weeks for the spindles in bare aluminum but got them in the mail in under two weeks. The bare aluminum are quicker turn around.

You get a little weight savings with the offset spindles but I image you probably get more weight savings with 36"
A arms.

I really like the spindles, with my skis all the way in on the bushings it's pretty
Perfect in the back country.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Puts you at 37" with basically stock geometry. I don't have any of these setups but I like the ZRP route the best on paper.
Unless you are super steep and lots of trees the Skinz isn't needed I don't think. Regarding moving the front suspension forward for more controlled sidehilling.

Premium Features