• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone ridden a pro with the series 6 2.6 track?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Anyone out there had any time on a pro with the new 2.6 polaris track? How does it compare to stock? Anyone ridden one with an x3 to compare to the 2.6? Just kinda trying to decide what track to go with in the future. Also anyone know how much lighter the 2.6 is conpared to the stock 2.4 track?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
There are a few discussions on this one if you dig around, but here is my take on it.

I have an X3 on my 2013 Pro 156. Major hook up. Far less track spin than stock. WAY MORE traction. Deep powder feels almost like a pump gas turbo compared to the stock 2.4 track. I'm VERY interested to see how the X3.2 works with the nubs. I'm guessing it will be better on hard pack than the X3. That's not where they are designed to operate, but you don't want to spin out and have a problem on hard pan.

I rode the 2.6 Polaris track (on the AXYS chassis) back in January. Much more hookup than the 2.4 but not the same as the X3. I'd call it a compromise.
I think it will be a GREAT track.

What kind of riding to you do mostly? Living in Boise, I'd guess your snow and riding style/conditions are similar to mine.

Some people don't like the 3" in the trees. I'm here to tell you that I LOVE it. There is a bit of a riding style adjustment, but you'll learn quickly.

AS for weight difference between the 2.4 and 2.6, I can't remember. I think I remember the 2.6 with a weight advantage.

hanson summit

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2011
Farm in SD
Rode my pro with the 2.6 for about 10 miles... I screwed up on the antistab kit somewhere along the lines. Putting lock tite on next time. Long story short is a wheel fell off the antistab and the rail stabbed the track and destroyed it. So another series 6 on the way. Loved it the first 10 miles he he.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Thanks im really leaning towards to 2.6 since i just put in a axys driveshaft with 7 tooth drivers and ive read its lighter but havent seen any numbers. I wish that 3" polaris track was the right pitch but understand why its not. The x3 or a powerclaw 2.6 was on my list to do this year but the release of the polaris 2.6 has me second guessing. And obviously the 3.2 wont fit without a drop and roll.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
Thanks im really leaning towards to 2.6 since i just put in a axys driveshaft with 7 tooth drivers and ive read its lighter but havent seen any numbers. I wish that 3" polaris track was the right pitch but understand why its not. The x3 or a powerclaw 2.6 was on my list to do this year but the release of the polaris 2.6 has me second guessing. And obviously the 3.2 wont fit without a drop and roll.

what is the advantage of running axys drive shaft vs the stock pro drive shaft?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Ya. The alumium hex quickdrive shaft comes with standard 2.86 polaris drivers. The 3" track axys comes with a steel shaft with 7 tooth 3" pitch drivers. Interesting gee wiz thing i noticed on the axys shaft was the center driver cogs are wider than the pro shaft. Id imagine because the the 7 tooth drivers would have less contact on the track, so maybe the wider center driver lessens the chance of ratcheting

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
thanks i just found myself confused , what track are you running now. i went to a 163 x-3 this year , i'm really excited to try it i put on on my friends sled last year and really liked it but it was a 156.

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Rode my pro with the 2.6 for about 10 miles... I screwed up on the antistab kit somewhere along the lines. Putting lock tite on next time. Long story short is a wheel fell off the antistab and the rail stabbed the track and destroyed it. So another series 6 on the way. Loved it the first 10 miles he he.

For those of you that are running anti-stab kits. At least loctite the left hand bolt. It will unscrew itself, if the bearing freezes. Adjust the limiter strap so that the small wheels of the anti-stab aren't touching the track all the time. I recommend that you run two limiter straps.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i rode my pro with an axys shaft 7 tooth drivers and the new 2.6 track yesterday.
marginal snow conditions, but in some of the deep pockets, it did seem to hook up better. definitely need more snow and seat time to get a good evaluation.

did notice my speedo was way off...:face-icon-small-dis

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
most 15 wide tracks will fit with the correct driver. pretty much anything 2.6 and taller you want to use a 7 tooth driver in the pitch needed for you track.

2.86 pitch common tracks are
stock polaris 2.4 from 08-current
new series 6 2.6
and 2.5 challenger extreme

3.0 pitch common tracks
2.6 and 3" powerclaw
x3 x3.2 challenger
new series 7 3"

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
pretty much anything 2.6 and taller you want to use a 7 tooth driver in the pitch needed for you track.

I'm thinking about running the 2.6 on the stock 8 tooth...the majority loved the x3 with 7 tooth.
Is my math wrong here that you will actually have more clearance with a 2.6 8 tooth vs 3" and 7 tooth?? So.....if your not looking for a gear down what's the point. I never heard of snow evacuation issues on guys with the x3.

Also I didn't know there was a need for anti-stab with proper track tension with a 2.6 on a pro?? Was this just a preference you guys did?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I'm thinking about running the 2.6 on the stock 8 tooth...the majority loved the x3 with 7 tooth.
Is my math wrong here that you will actually have more clearance with a 2.6 8 tooth vs 3" and 7 tooth?? So.....if your not looking for a gear down what's the point. I never heard of snow evacuation issues on guys with the x3.

Also I didn't know there was a need for anti-stab with proper track tension with a 2.6 on a pro?? Was this just a preference you guys did?
I dont think you need a antistab unless you have extrovert drivers. may be correct on the measurements the 2.6 with polaris track im not really sure.

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton

Correct. 2.6" on stock drivers will have .1" more clearance than a 3" with 7 tooth drivers.

Only need the anti stab when running the 7 tooth drivers or extroverts. Not needed with stock drivers.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Depending on the prices you are finding... IMO... the 9174/9175 tracks, 2.5" lugs...are the design that the series 6 is based on.... LOVE this track..It is 3" pitch and you will need 7 tooth drivers as well.

Just another option.

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
Depending on the prices you are finding... IMO... the 9174/9175 tracks, 2.5" lugs...are the design that the series 6 is based on.... LOVE this track..It is 3" pitch and you will need 7 tooth drivers as well.

Just another option.

Series 6 definitely looks like it was based on those, no doubt about that.

Difference on those is weight. The 155 2.6 is supposed to be around 47 lbs, putting the 163 around 49. The Camo Extreme is spec'd at 55 lbs for the 163, though oddly Camo's website lists the 153 at 57 lbs. So not sure whether the 153 or the 163 is listed wrong.
Edit: 153 Camo is actually 51 lbs.

The weight difference is easily figured though. The 2.6 is only clipped every second window, has the center windows, and does not have the alignment/drive lugs on the outside of the rails.

Last edited:
Premium Features