• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DET with stage 3

JonezyBones

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2008
Colorado
Hey everyone I've done searches but have come up empty. I have a 12 pro with an SLP stage 3 with Indy Dan top end. Sled rips but it consistently will hit Det at 1/4 throttle running about 7000 rpms. I've tried adding more fuel at that level on the power Commander and I've tried running straight AV gas. I've replaced fuel filter and plugs/ plug caps. Anything that I could be missing? Also only running about 8100 rpm max. I don't think it's a high rev. Thanks!

JonezyBones

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2008
Colorado
I have a 3" track with 7 tooth drivers. Geared down to a 19 tooth top gear and 42 I think on the bottom (stock). I can't remember exactly I have it written down at home but I think stock top gear was 20.

Gold Black secondary spring with a 60-40-.40 helix.

SLP blue pink primary spring with adjustable weights with 4 grams in the tip.

I had the weight in the heel and it ran great topped rpm at 8250 but I thought I was hitting rev limiter so I moved the weight to the tip. Now as I expected it maxes rpm at 7900-8000 and very inconsistent shift.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
You added more power and then geared down your not loading the motor. That's probably your problem.

JonezyBones

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2008
Colorado
So your thinking of what? Heavier on the weights? Then heavier spring too? I'm positive that adding weight is only going to drop my R's down. And it just doesn't make sense that it's going into Det at 1/4 throttle.

JonezyBones

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2008
Colorado
I've also checked torque on Det sensor about five different times. And if the sensor was bad you think it would just always hit Det.

Premium Features