• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

K MOD WITH K MOTION

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Keep us posted on how it works. I am curious, mostly because I don't buy into the whole flexible skid bandwagon everyone seems to be on. IMO a ridged set up responds better to rider input, but I would love to be proven wrong.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Keep us posted on how it works. I am curious, mostly because I don't buy into the whole flexible skid bandwagon everyone seems to be on. IMO a ridged set up responds better to rider input, but I would love to be proven wrong.

m1flyingtiger, I was of the same opinion I like a ridged skid!

For the last two years I have had several inquiries about a rear flexible arm option for the K MOD.
I built a prototype last year but didn't like it. It was a pivoting rear arm. With that design the more into the travel it got, the more it could pivot and that would cause to much flex (up to 15 degrees)which isn't good for chassis or the rest of the skid.
So this year we came up with the current design. We engineered our pivoting billet rear scissor with positive stops so it can't move more than 4 degrees anywhere through out the travel. Then we put a new larger eyelet on the shock with a large bearing so it will move with the arm for a very fluid motion.
This design makes it very predictable. The only time that you notice it was there is when the rider gave input to make a maneuver and then it was just easier.(even in the higher coupling numbers)
I built 6 of these initially, we put them on various sleds from stock to modified to 300 hp turbo sleds. With over 3500 miles collectively on these sleds every rider found the K Motion helped make the sled more agile,less effort to hold a side hill, and hold down hill off cambers in a straighter line. Make technical moves at higher speeds.
There has been absolutely no down side to an already proven high performance suspension. It still rails through the bumps and holds down the front on steep climbs.
Yes it will be an option on all K MOD suspensions and an upgrade for any previous turn key skid. It is only available on the Raptor equipped skids because of the larger eyelet needed for the 7/8'' cross shaft for the shock.
Thanks, Kevin

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
Just installed K-motion on my 2 yr old K-mod rear suspension. Also put K-mod 37" front end on. Fit an finish perfect. Great job Kevin. Shouldn't have brought sled into shop and played around installing these mods, should have waited until Oct now I'm pumped for winter to start and it's a long ways off.....big bummer. The old guy on this turbo 3" 163 is going to love these mods next winter.

R
Apr 14, 2015
wisconsin
So I'm about to buy a complete turn key skid from kmod with the kmotion. But last time I was in their website they had an option for the raptors But now it says it already comes with them with the turn key skid but the picture still shows the fox floats. Can anyone confirm this for me. Thanks.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
So I'm about to buy a complete turn key skid from kmod with the kmotion. But last time I was in their website they had an option for the raptors But now it says it already comes with them with the turn key skid but the picture still shows the fox floats. Can anyone confirm this for me. Thanks.

The take rate for Raptors was over 95% so we are making them std in the turn key price, the only way to get the K Motion option is with the Raptors shocks.
We are just changing our pricing structure around a bit to make it simpler.
Kevin

R
Apr 14, 2015
wisconsin
The take rate for Raptors was over 95% so we are making them std in the turn key price, the only way to get the K Motion option is with the Raptors shocks.
We are just changing our pricing structure around a bit to make it simpler.
Kevin

Kevin, could you also tell me what the main difference is between the "turn key skid" and the "full suspension upgrade" if i don't plan on getting rid of my old skid is it just as good using some of my old skid parts. Thanks

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Will the Kmotion fit a "suspension upgrade kit" with Rapters (not a turnkey kit)?

Yes we have the K Motion option for the upgrade kits on factory rails, as long as they have the Raptor shocks. You would need to send me the rear shock so we can put the larger eyelet on and recondition the shock.
Thanks, Kevin

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Kevin, could you also tell me what the main difference is between the "turn key skid" and the "full suspension upgrade" if i don't plan on getting rid of my old skid is it just as good using some of my old skid parts. Thanks

Yes good question.

The suspension upgrade includes both arms and both shocks and mounting kit to mount on factory rails. It is a nice upgrade from the factory set up, but the rail profile isn't engineered for the complete coupling action as the K MOD rails are, Not night and day difference but some. Most people cant tell.
The factory rails are not as strong. Plus with the turn key you get 8'' rear axle wheels, billet rear axle & adjusters,anti stab, and ice scratchers.
The main benefit of the turn key is that you have your complete skid to resale or better yet keep to install back in your sled when you sell it. The turn key skid will fit many vehicles with minor parts. Because of the adaptability the turn key has very good resale if you decide not to keep it.
Thanks, Kevin

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
So "complete coupling action", does not couple as much or just differently?

For others info, I installed the suspension upgrade on my sled as I already had scratchers and antistab and didn't see the need for new rails for my use (also I am a little on the cheap side sometimes ;)).

Just curious the difference. I am sure the suspension upgrade kit and raptors are more than what I need. I have only ridden it in the flatlands so far, cannot comment on much more than that. It does ride way better than the stock skid.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
So "complete coupling action", does not couple as much or just differently?

For others info, I installed the suspension upgrade on my sled as I already had scratchers and antistab and didn't see the need for new rails for my use (also I am a little on the cheap side sometimes ;)).

Just curious the difference. I am sure the suspension upgrade kit and raptors are more than what I need. I have only ridden it in the flatlands so far, cannot comment on much more than that. It does ride way better than the stock skid.

It will couple as much, just a different ratio. The front arm placement is slightly different on the factory rail and will tension the track a little more aggressive.
Kevin

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I too was in the anti pivoting skid group. I hurt my back last year and I had heard about the Kmotion and how it JUST makes it easier to initiate and that's all. Figured that would be just the ticket to make my sled a little easier to ride so I pulled the trigger and got one. It has the ability to lock it out so I basically had nothing to lose.

Its a super nice machined piece and the fit is perfect.

Right away I noticed that it was easier to initiate turns and roll the sled up just like Kevin said it would. I haven't noticed any difference positive or negative boondocking, sidehilling, trail riding, re-entries, or anything.

Now that I'm getting back into the swing of things I'm riding a lot more aggressively and with more speed. When climbing with the skis up through rutted up hills I just love thing thing. It like 'floats' through cross ruts with little feedback to the rider. If I want to change direction all it takes is a little body english and the sled just goes that way. Absolutely love that because I have always been a little (lot) out of control when hill climbing up rutted tracks. So now I'm eating a ton of crow with all my buddies...

Next year I'm upgrading to an Axys and I'm for sure keeping the Kmod and Kmotion.

Nice work Kevin!! You made a believer out of me.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Haha, I have a bad back aswell. That is a good part of why I decided to try it. No deep snow feedback yet but out here on the flatlands it feels good. Don't even know it is there actually other than easier transitions.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Premium Features