• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Silber Bottom End Bog

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Hello Guys,

I have a 2013 Pro with a 2013 Silber kit. This weekend while riding the Snowy's there was a very noticeable low end bog / gurgle, that I spent most of the weekend chasing with the control box with no luck. It would happen if I got into the throttle to fast or just stabbed it from a dead stop. If I worked the throttle really quickly, I could work threw it, but sucked when I would be crawling around and quickly need throttle as it would fall on it's face until I cycled the throttle. Any ideas of things to look at that could be the culprit? Last season it was much more responsive on the bottom with just a few control box adjustments on the hill. Most of the time I would just run green at 6 going out then adjust down to 4 once I got off the trail. If I needed a little more response bring it down to 3.5 or something. It almost felt like a bog before getting into the green cycle. Here are details.

- Temps ranged from 25 - 43, about half the trip above freezing
- Elevation 8500 - 11000
- About 15 - 25 % 110 Race
- Boost about 9 -10
- 74 Grams Primary and Pink Spring (Spring isn't broke)
- I put new Boyesen replacements Reeds in at the beginning of the season, the Turbo ones
- It has a newer KPA Turbo purchased last season.

I would love to hear your thoughts

Cheers
Shawn

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
The best thing I did was to upgrade to the bullydog flash from that p.o.s. dobeck. Happy happy happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

B
Nov 12, 2013
could be the boysen turbo reeds. Really caused my etec turbo to have bad bottom end lag.
here are the numbers justin gave me for the mountains (although I havent made it out with my pro yet to try them)

G 3
Y 2.5
R 4
GB 4.5
YB 2
RB 6.5

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
could be the boysen turbo reeds. Really caused my etec turbo to have bad bottom end lag.
here are the numbers justin gave me for the mountains (although I havent made it out with my pro yet to try them)

G 3
Y 2.5
R 4
GB 4.5
YB 2
RB 6.5

Did you have to really work the throttle to get out of the bog with those reeds?

B
Nov 12, 2013
Yes had to work throttle to get it to rev out. From what I've heard from guys the best reeds to run in these sleds are oem Polaris reeds

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Yes had to work throttle to get it to rev out. From what I've heard from guys the best reeds to run in these sleds are oem Polaris reeds

I spoke with a very knowledgeable guy at Boyesen, and he said they designed the Turbo Reeds for low boost applications. 7-10 PSI. The would custom cut and design other reeds from guys looking for more boost. I asked about a low end bog and he said they wouldn't. It did seem to run more crisp at lower elevations about 8,500 and maybe it's because the stock bottom has more power down low? Just thinking out loud.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
how many miles on the motor ?

did you change fuel ?

There is about 1500 on the Sled and about 400 a rebuilt top end. Drained fuel really well when I was changing reeds. I have not changed the fuel filter. Would a fuel filter cause a bottom end bog that would take some quick throttle movements to work out?

I appreciate everyone's help

Cheers
Shawn

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Can't imagine it would, I'd tend to think it wouldn't be able to flow enough fuel when it needs more am am wfo. Not sure if it was mentioned yet to not but any clutching issues? Broken Springs?

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Can't imagine it would, I'd tend to think it wouldn't be able to flow enough fuel when it needs more am am wfo. Not sure if it was mentioned yet to not but any clutching issues? Broken Springs?

I have not looked at the secondary spring. I had the primary spring out before the trip and 1 day into it to adjust weights and while the paint was worn, it wasn't broken. Last season I exchanged my es primary for a non es primary with 300 some miles on it. This primary has about 900 miles on it now.

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
Check your pip. Take your heat shield off it, i had the same problem, really hury my bottom end, i had holes in the pipe under the heat shield welded up the holes and runs really crisp and got the bottom back

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
well since your crossing things off the list a compression test couldn't hurt
but its probably not that

when i said did you change fuel i meant have you changed brands or
changed where you normaly get it ?

Last edited:
X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
well since your crossing things off the list a compression test couldn't hurt
but it probably not that

when i said did you change fuel i meant have you changed brands or
changed where you normaly get it ?

For fuel the majority of it just from the local pump in centennial. I was using two different pumps of race this season. One which I used last year and another which was new for the year.

Cheers
Shawn

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
id be pulling and double checking reeds!!!

Sounds like a few pedals are broken or flaking off..

my .o2

Reeds are brand new, about 5 miles on them around a lake here in town before I headed west for that 4 day riding trip. I was getting the bog day 1 out there. They are the Boyesen Turbo reeds, part number 570SF1T. The standard reeds are the 570SF1. They said it was just a little harder/durable compound than the standard replacement peddle. My concern when talking with them on the phone was there was they where going to run crappy at low RPM's. The dude said they where design for low boost applications 7 - 10 PSI .

Cheers
Shawn

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
If reeds are good. Just as a FYI, I tried the Boyesen Turbo reeds and they lasted about 50 miles or less for me.

Make sure you have no exhaust leaks. Both of my donuts have needed replaced with less than 1000 miles.

Make sure everything has double springs. And try putting new springs on.

Check your EGT sensor, if you have one you can borrow... Try it.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
If you want to update to the reflashed ECU system send me a PM. We are having a special on them right now and then there is no tuning at all to worry about.

The numbers above are pretty different than where i am at in Colorado with regards to low end fueling. Feel free to PM me and ill send you my cell number and we can discuss.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
reeds, fuel filter, donuts, pipe springs.

that is the issue with a LOT of turbo sleds I "fix"

cap turbo inlet and downpipe outlet, apply pressure and let me know what you find, I bet your gonna run into a few leaks here and there. makes a world of difference

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
If reeds are good. Just as a FYI, I tried the Boyesen Turbo reeds and they lasted about 50 miles or less for me.

Make sure you have no exhaust leaks. Both of my donuts have needed replaced with less than 1000 miles.

Make sure everything has double springs. And try putting new springs on.

Check your EGT sensor, if you have one you can borrow... Try it.

Ak, did you experience a low end bog with just the reeds?

I have a new doughnut off the y pipe installed and have new springs doubled and tripled on just about everything else. Is the doughnut thing on the turbo side stock product or aftermarket? EGT sensor that is interesting.

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
I would be checking for boost leaks, sounds like you are loosing boost also check your wastgate on turbo i had one stick alittle make shur it fully closes and moves freely

Premium Features