• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Qestions answered #1 VIPEC ECU

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Brycter does it matter if you have the map sensor on the pressure side on a 2t application? I know in 4t world you want it on the vacuumside (behind throttlebodies). :noidea:

Why i ask is if i should go with a map with built in temp sensor(intake side) or just go with a map only sensor so i can plug that into my vacuumstation.

Also do you have a map laying around for a 2863 turbo that i can use as base?
Can go either 10,2:1 or 12,5:1 compression ratio. Got rktek domes that i can change between.

Sensors im using:
Wideband lambda, Map/mat(+ oeam map/mat for baro), Fuel pressure & electronic boost solenoid.
Other info:
670cc Bosch ev14 injectors, Aeromotive 13301 Fuel pressure Reg, Vforce 3r Reeds.

Cheers!

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
you will want to get your map sensor placement on the vaccume side. that way we can trim fuel if wanted.

we split the sensors and install a iat and map sensor. there is guys that will tap into the throttle bodied and run a map/iat sensor all in one using an adapter to do this.

i have a base map for a 2863. what kit you running?

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
I will get working on a webnar. I am not that tech savy with that stuff but will try my hardest. :face-icon-small-con Any pointers would be a help there. It needs to happen in some way shape or form. That way you guys have a way to reference and are progressing in knowledge.

I do like the way you guys a agents who act vs objects to acted upon.:face-icon-small-coo

:help: some of the equations are very simple.

say you are seing a 15.5 afr and you want to see a 12.5.

take 12.5 and divide it by 15.5 = .8064
take 80 and subract that from 100. it gives you so you need to add 20.
so you need 20% more fuel in that bulls eye area to get the 12.5 afr.

make sense?

now what map to pick and change?

If on the data log you look and see the bap (or in other words barometric pressure) and your kpa is say.... 3 points higher. then make the changes on your main fuel table.

if your bap says___ and your kpa is 10 or 20 points higher then change in your boost pressure map (rpm over kpa)

if your sled run at your favorite riding area and ran awesome. then you went to a different location that was a ton higher or lower and it did not run. use the equation above in you baro table. once that is rocking then the sled is now tunned at the elevations you ride.

ok now say you are riding at your favorite place and sled does not run. ask yourself. what has changed. maybe temp has changed a bunch. then look and change your iat map.

i know everyone is saying why do i need to tune... or vipec sucks because i have to do this!

every sled needs to be tuned in some way shape or form. rider style, sled set up, etc, etc. but once you are done you will never need to change it again. unless your setup changes again.

i have stated it before. the vipec is not the end all to evrything and neither is any other box on the planet. but we give you knowledge and information. That way you can make a decision on the correct info the snowmobile is telling you.

Sleds have a language most guys just cant talk it. lol :face-icon-small-hap

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Changed the position of the map sensor and its now on the vacuum side.
I've also gone with a split sensor so IAT is in the charge tubing and map is like i said behind the throttlebodies.

Not running a "kit". Its going to be a custom made. But its the same turbo, wastegate and exhaustcan that Silber is using so its more or less a "silber" kit.
But as i said before i changed some parts on the fuel side. Its bosch 670cc injectors, aeromotive 1:1 fuel reg and going to set pressure to 3bar

Also changed to a Innovate SCG-1 so i have Lambda & Boost Pressure in the same unit. So i wont connect a boost solenoid to Vipec. You think thats a stupid idea or could this work great?

As of now im not going to run an intercooler. But im going to in the future.

You think that base map could be good for me to start it up etc?
Is that map for a 12.5;1 compression ratio? Got 10.2;1 domes also if you have a map for that.

// David A

you will want to get your map sensor placement on the vaccume side. that way we can trim fuel if wanted.

we split the sensors and install a iat and map sensor. there is guys that will tap into the throttle bodied and run a map/iat sensor all in one using an adapter to do this.

i have a base map for a 2863. what kit you running?

Last edited:

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
transporter... I don't know your real name.

Glad everything is working great for you.

there have been 22 snowest guys this year that have changed over to the vipec and tuned with me. now the 22 have all been using some one elses kit. other than the turbo performance kit. all are having very good results. I have spent a lot of time on the phone bunking out all the bad habits and teaching people why things work the way they do.

what I am trying to say is the vipec gang is getting pretty large and there is becoming a lot of knowledge with these guys. I am still willing to help anyone out that needs it. but don't be afraid to ask questions if you have them.

D

Dragon8hundo

Nov 26, 2007
Hartley Iowa
New to the vipec and just got back from Cooke. Ran great but speedo is way off. Steps to correct would be great info for this thread. Hope I didn't miss it above. TIA

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Great glad everything worked good.
Speedo calibrations
2011-2012 need to be 1500
2013 to current need to be 5000
Hit ESC this will bring up your ecu setting, go to digital inputs,then hit speed, then when the window comes up on the number change it to what ever is needed. Hope this helps. One cool thing is you know have a top speed to show your buddies of about 160mph lol

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
I just wanted to say it has been a pleasure dealing with Bryce on the install and tuning the Vipec controller. I got fed-up of dealing with the inconsistency of that POS Bullydog controller and upgraded to the Vipec. Bryce returns phone calls and texts promptly unlike my other experiences dealing with kit builders. Bryce patiently trained me on uploading & downloading to the ECU, data logging, tweaking the various parameters, etc……… Wish I had a time machine to go back in time and have purchased a Vipec right away – Would have saved myself a lot of stress and money.

The software is COOL!! I have access to almost every parameter needed to make the sled preform. Base fuel delivery, barometric pressure fuel control (for elevation), boosted fuel delivery, timing, etc…….. You can create your own custom data views! (The below example is what come standard in the software).

I can’t even begin to express how happy I am to have the Silber tuning handcuffs off!!

THANK YOU Bryce!!

Capture.PNG

H

hook

Nov 28, 2007
Ocheyedan, Iowa
I have had the same great experience with bryce this year. After battling all last year with the blinking light box, I switched to a turbo performance kit. Between davids performance shop, who did an excellent and clean install, and bryce, they are a wealth of knowledge. They have both been very patient with all my calls and questions.
I highly recommend both of them to anyone needing anything snowmobile related. Thanks again!

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Rmk looks like your sled is running good . Thanks for the good words. I appreciate it!

Daves performance is one of our dealers. Dave is very smart and very customer oriented. Good reporta are always coming form his neck of the woods.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Just wanted to thank Bryce for all his help today setting up my knock control , he seems to be the guy that is helping the ViPec users out , i also got the engine grounding strap installed the he suggested .

Last edited:
D

Dragon8hundo

Nov 26, 2007
Hartley Iowa
Thanks for the quick response. I'll do that the next time I'm at the shop. Having a top speed readout of 160+ is cool but putting 2x as many miles on the odo isn't. Thanks again, you are a big help to a lot of ppl with your responses on this thread!

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
anyone having a problem with there turbo kits not running a vipec. give me a call. I will give you the best deal I can on a product that works very well. I have given out many lessons on the vipec . we can show you a different way of tunning. and have a little fun on the way.

thanks for all the support guys.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Deer Lodge Montana
Thanks Bryce for helping me set up my Pro this week. You make it look so easy. I can't wait to ride this weekend. One question, is there a manual somewhere out there that explains all the options and adjustments of the Vipec. I would hate to keep bothering you for something simple that I could read out of a book.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
My vipec came with a manual for the pro rmk. Also the help menu in the tuning software has pretty much anything you need

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
I know, I know everyone needs a webnair or video to watch. The software has a manual to answer any questions you have built into the software. F1 any table or set up screen and it will give you a run down of what the table or set up is about. Also if you help tab on the right. There is a copy of the keyboard shortcuts. Print that off and put it by the toilet.
I will answer any questions you have. Just text me or email i will help.
Glad everything is working good.

Premium Features