• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bachelor Conditions/Riding Partners next week

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
Well bachelor trip was a success! got to wanoga at about 7:15 and rode until about 4:00pm. Thanks for the words of advice everyone. Wish I could have ventured farther out this trip(breaking in a new sled build....So I decided that getting to far out would be a bad idea with the new sled and only a fresh rider as a partner) Wife had a good time(except for first thing in the Am, as we headed up into a area that was to technical for her,Oops....)

So after that I was content with letting her play in the meadow While I explored the area.

Did get to help a very interesting Ukrainian kid fix his sled on Saturday He had an old skidoo 540. Donated a set of extra plugs to his cause and away he went again....

B
Jan 10, 2011
Castle Rock
Well bachelor trip was a success! got to wanoga at about 7:15 and rode until about 4:00pm. Thanks for the words of advice everyone. Wish I could have ventured farther out this trip(breaking in a new sled build....So I decided that getting to far out would be a bad idea with the new sled and only a fresh rider as a partner) Wife had a good time(except for first thing in the Am, as we headed up into a area that was to technical for her,Oops....)

So after that I was content with letting her play in the meadow While I explored the area.

Did get to help a very interesting Ukrainian kid fix his sled on Saturday He had an old skidoo 540. Donated a set of extra plugs to his cause and away he went again....

Heading that way next Monday. How much snow was in park. Wondering if it's going to be worth I or not.

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
There is no snow coming in the next 10 days or so. This crap has gotta change!

stonecold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
oregon
wind blown snow...

We rode from wanoga to dutchman and then on to moon monday. Nice solid base up there and some powder in protected areas in trees. This pic shows how solid it is, we still had a good time, nice to be up in the mts...

2014-01-13_13-23-37_129.jpg

stonecold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
oregon
Wanoga on Monday

We went out Sunday and Monday! Sunday the snow was amazing!!! Waist deep in the area we rode!! It was awesome! On Monday we went to moon and man the snow compacted a lot! Still had fun though! And weather was awesome!

You guys hit it perfect on sunday. Nice meeting some of ya at wanoga on the way out. We will hit shasta up if it gets good, maybe run into you guys...

Last edited:
Is it still worth riding if you stay in the trees or is everything solid now? Was pretty crunchy monday morning but was still good. Got softer in the afternoon and we found some great snow in the evening trees that hadn't been exposed and was still soft and fluffy!

Premium Features