• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro to Rev Comparison

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I rode an 03 Rev shorty yesterday trail banging and had a riot. The suspension was awesome and so was the throttle response. How would a Nytro compare for fast rough trail and jumping. I may get a trail sled next and keep the 1 ton for the mountains.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
For trails i think the rev is pretty hard to beat. But i rode my rev for 4 years and nytro for only half a season. I like the way the Nytro feels overall better but i think the rev has it on the trails.

X

XRS MXZ

Jan 17, 2008
Rev vrs Nytro

Rev is dam good sled still the best they every made.
Bought a xtx so far excellent - just leaves a bigger dent in the snow
XP is a pain - have one also

Nytro on the flat
Ride hard - easier to control
Simmon flex skis
Trail tank to enjoy it all day long.

Cheers

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I have got to try one, every one seems to like the Nytro and the 2010 is supposed to be even better.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
I have got to try one, every one seems to like the Nytro and the 2010 is supposed to be even better.

Not everyone likes it. Ive got a buddy that rides an M8 and can't stand the nytro. He can't tell me what he don't like either tho. But i don't like the feel of the m series either so who knows.

E

essexy

Jul 29, 2009
Ames, IA

I just got my Nytro 2 weeks ago and love it! The power is great with excellent throttle response. Great suspension and jumps really well. Even being a heavier sled, I can still boondock pretty well. Yamaha didn't change anything on the Nytro between '09 and '10 other than the colors. I would recommend finding a '09 hold over and saving $1,000.

S

scarlier

Dec 29, 2009
Sicamous, BC
2009 to 2010 changes

so i guess the wider ski stance, the fox floats, different skid and not to mention the weight reduction is nothing. i would say a lot has changed!

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
Had a Rev prior to the Nytro and they are pretty similar in their riding positions. The Nytro is heavier but is a more balanced chassis. Jumps and boondocks great.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
Not everyone likes it. Ive got a buddy that rides an M8 and can't stand the nytro. He can't tell me what he don't like either tho. But i don't like the feel of the m series either so who knows.

Ha Ha I have a buddy wit a M8 and its the same deal. He cant stand mine I cant stand his. I will admit the Nytro took some getting used to for me But after a couple rides I love it.

E

essexy

Jul 29, 2009
Ames, IA
so i guess the wider ski stance, the fox floats, different skid and not to mention the weight reduction is nothing. i would say a lot has changed!

My bad guys! My dealer said nothing much changed...that kinda pisses me off! Oh well, I can always reduce weight on my own... Wider skis would be nice! I still couldn't beat the deal...

dejoli

Lifetime Membership
Aug 13, 2009
MN - Twin Cities
I just came off an 05 Summit 800 - 144 to an 09 Nytro MTX. personally i think the Nytro handles the trails better than the Summit did. In terms of boondocking, for me, they don't come close to comparing. As one of the guys i ride with said, the Summit rode me, where I ride the Nytro.

Only regret is that I didn't go with the Nytro sooner.

Premium Features