• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Walker Evans shock shaft warranty issues?

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
So I sent my stock WE shocks out for a valve upgrade and turns out shafts are shot due to a corrosive (preservative type) spray material that was supposedly applied by the factory. I've been told it surfaces on mainly hold over sleds that sat for a good amount of time. I was surprised since the shocks have less than a 100 miles on them, but it is a 2014 that was purchased at end of last year. Anyone experienced this and did it get covered under warranty?

IMG_7909.jpg

Last edited:
C
Nov 29, 2008
had same issues with our sleds (holdover 13's purchased Fall 2013)... Polaris replaced shaft under warranty but had to bring them back to dealer a couple of times after replacement due to sticking when compressed ... after 3 times them seem to have fixed it ......

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I had the same issue with my new 2014, all 4 shocks had pitted shafts after one month of riding. I heard it was a bad batch of shafts. I had all 4 rebuilt under warranty. Makes you wonder if Walkers quality control sup. is asleep at the wheel.

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
The chrome plating on the shafts is crap , my 2013 assault is all pitted last year with only 400 miles on it. My 2003 prox shocks are all in good shape and get stored the exact same way.......

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
Anyone know if aftermarket shafts are available for walker evens needles? Years down the road when it wipes out the bearing cap and seals if new aftermarket shafts are available I may keep them on the sled and just tune the shim stack so I get what I want out of them.
If they only sell OEM parts I may rethink the end result but Exits sure would be nice and not waste time with valveing changes.

S

SpokaneRMK

Oct 29, 2004
Spokane, WA
Bought a set of front take offs and they had pitting and flaking, called walker Evans and they warranty them, i had to pay shipping to and from.

Premium Features