• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carbides causing bent A arms some more than others?

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Should be ready to ship on Monday. I had to bump these a little from what I did the ski doo"s for because they are longer and have 3 studs instead of 2, so they will be $145 a set. I need an up to date head count, so please email, call, or post as soon as you can. No worries if you have changed plans, I have some guys waiting, as I already know I didn't make enough. Thanks to loudhandle for the donor skis! Thanks!
Dan

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
What did you come up for a difference in weight number? And how does titanium wear compared to mild steel?

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
Came in @ .90# less per pair. To be totally honest on how they will wear compared to mild steel, im not sure. This is new to me. My guess is at least that of mild steel, but time will tell. Thanks!
Dan

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
They look awesome when I cross the highway with them!!!!:face-icon-small-ton

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Just wanted to update this. I have put a ton of miles on my sleds since I first posted about using wear bars with no carbides. I am pleased to say that I really haven't seen any downsides for the riding that I do and didn't lose a single A arm this year due to the bars catching. I spent a week in Wyoming where we had horrible snow with miles and miles of trail to get to our riding areas and I really didn't notice any looseness except on solid ice patches. We had to cross several creeks up and back each day and the sleds with carbides had a much tougher time crossing as they caught up on the rocks. I am much more confident with crossing over logs, stumps, rocks. Definitely a good 'mod' for me.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
Just wanted to update this. I have put a ton of miles on my sleds since I first posted about using wear bars with no carbides. I am pleased to say that I really haven't seen any downsides for the riding that I do and didn't lose a single A arm this year due to the bars catching. I spent a week in Wyoming where we had horrible snow with miles and miles of trail to get to our riding areas and I really didn't notice any looseness except on solid ice patches. We had to cross several creeks up and back each day and the sleds with carbides had a much tougher time crossing as they caught up on the rocks. I am much more confident with crossing over logs, stumps, rocks. Definitely a good 'mod' for me.

Were you using the Ti wear bars or steel? Thank you.
Dan

Premium Features