• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Pro Rebuild

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Doing a preventative top end. Looking around to see what I should do. Should I update to the monoblock cylinder? Also, what parts does everyone recommend? Is it worth worth it to put a different head on there too? Any other things that make the sled any better that's worth doing under there while I'm at it?

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Lots of different thoughts on fix kit, no fix kit. I see your's is a 12' so I would DO a fix kit. MtnTek kit is great in my 13' Runs really well. Much stronger than stock. As far as head....well MtnTek has a kit for that too. I guess it's up to you on how much $ you want to spend. Make sure you have some body really, really, really, look over your cylinder skirts. Be the $hit$ to put it all back together and have some thing else break and tear out all you have just done. Please post on what you find when you take the top off. I think you will find some knifing and some flaking. Good luck.

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Sweet thanks guys. Yes, I'm gonna spend a bit. Was gonna sell and snowcheck, but this sled has been so good to me, and it's still in awesome condition. I will want to put a head on it too, so I'll look into the mtntek. And yes, I'll check your thread out too, thanks! Will keep you guys updated, headed to work in a couple days for 2 weeks. Once I'm home I think I'm gonna tear it apart and take a look in there!

T
May 22, 2010
Kelowna BC
For the best piston kit and reliable run the Terra Alps kit, cast stock like pistons. Proper piston and squish clearance.
Since your in cranbrook, one of your local shops "Mulisha" stocks them with heads. He can set you up for your riding area.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
just a dumb question here, what is a guy to look for on the cylinder skirts, knifing, hair line cracks? or should I take the monoblock in for NDT testing:face-icon-small-con
In the intake skirt where there is a slight half round in the center, look extremely close for vertical hairline cracks. They can be really easy to see or almost impossible. This one was tough to see.

uploadfromtaptalk1428633198933.jpg

Bryan

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
For the best piston kit and reliable run the Terra Alps kit, cast stock like pistons. Proper piston and squish clearance.
Since your in cranbrook, one of your local shops "Mulisha" stocks them with heads. He can set you up for your riding area.

Yes thank you, I do want the pistons that are cast, not that forged stuff. Just my preference. Thank you!

Premium Features