• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got another another question for you mtn max wizards!

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
Alright guys so here's the deal. I'm going out to the black hills on Thursday and I was changing my helix from a 49* to my 41* but me being dumb and in a hurry did not pay attention to how my original helix and spring were set. The hills is roughly at 6000 ft and my sled was clutched and tunned by Gary Ulmer. It had slp pipes v force reeds head gasket mod and atacc system. I've never set the helix for out there before so don't really know how I should set it or the spring. I will try contacting ulmer as well but what to know what you guys think. I have the black spring as well if that matters what do you guys and gals think? Right now I have the 41* helix set at the first slot next to the six if you judge by where the spring goes through. But I dont think this is right

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
I dont think its right because that collar on the main clutch bolt seems to be sticking out a.good inch when the belt is on. Any help would be great guys!

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
41 might be a touch shallow, but should work. I'd start with a green spring at 70 and go ride. Easy enough to change if you need

Premium Features