• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coil mounting?

Timberdoodle218

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2010
Tofte MN
So I have an 06 XF 700 that died last winter. I drug it home and discovered there was no spark. I took out the coil and put it in another sled that ran and then that sled wouldn't run. Put original back in the other sled and it fired right up. I should mention this was late last winter. I just recently picked up a coil for it (I have other sleds to ride) and went to install it and had trouble figuring out how it was oriented. I srewed it down directly to the bulkhead, not knowing if this was right as I can see the threads of the scews between the bottom of the coil and top of bulkhead...doesn't look right. I also had a hard time getting the plug caps on the plugs as there was barely enough length to reach. Then I find out that there is still no spark. I pulled on the thing for 10 minutes and nothing. I've unhooked the key and also the tss to no avail. The caps are screwed tight on to the leads. Have I mounted the coil wrong and that's my problem? Can't hardly believe the stator went out at the same time. Is there something between the coil and the bulkhead that I have forgotten? (happens more often as of late)

Last edited:
R
Oct 29, 2012
I believe there are small plastic spacers that go in-between the coil and the bulk head. As far as why you still have no spark, it could be a wiring harness problem (most common) or an ECU problem. There are some coils that go bad but it is pretty rare on AC snowmobiles- unless you have ALOT of miles on it. You are going to want to test the primary side of the coils and your stator outputs to see where the problem is coming from. If you swapped the coil and the no spark problem followed it, that's a pretty accurate way of diagnosis and it would be very strange to have two different no spark problems on your sled.

Premium Features