• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Getting stuck in reverse??

thekrust

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Okanagan
08 M8 gearbox is fine it shifts easily by hand and works flawlessly. The problem is that the servo seems to be over-driving and actually binding into reverse and it can't pull itself back out. Undo the servo reposition it and it works again. But after a couple of shifts it will jam again. Any ideas??

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
I'm having a similar problem with my 07 M1000 w/mech reverse, I'm thinking of converting it over to a Manual actuated style. Peak Performance has a kit for like $40.00 and eliminates most of the servo and like 2 Lbs.

thekrust

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Okanagan
Definitely not the servo, maybe the CCU telling it to run too long. It really wedges itself in there when it gets stuck. Only way out from there is to remove the servo and then it will shift out fine once the pressure is off of it.

B

benjfire

Oct 2, 2014
I had a similar problem with mine and I took out the switch and cleaned it and got it moving freely and haven't had a problem since. Might be worth a try

T
Dec 16, 2008
YXY Yukon
Just haul that servo out and convert to a manual, such as the Peak kit. Or, you can DIY. Pull the actuator cam out of the servo, cut off the rack on it, and weld an actuator arm to it just as the Peak kit looks. Just follow the Peak instructions re. disabling the reverse switch. Easy. Save weight, and more reliable by far. Be prepared to be amazed at how tough the steel the actuator cam is.

Premium Features