• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 m8 mystery part

W
Feb 25, 2014
Can anyone tell me what part this is? It is located in the left footrest area on a 2007 m8.
I am wondering because it appears that some wires came off the bottom of it and I would like to know how they need to be hooked back up.
I looked through the manual I have and the country cat parts website but I cant seem to find a picture of the part.

0120151156a.jpg

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Can anyone tell me what part this is? It is located in the left footrest area on a 2007 m8.
I am wondering because it appears that some wires came off the bottom of it and I would like to know how they need to be hooked back up.
I looked through the manual I have and the country cat parts website but I cant seem to find a picture of the part.

reverse servo actuator

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I don't know for sure but it looks like a flux capacitor to me. When it reaches 186,000 Gigawatts it converts forward motion into reverse motion. :noidea:

T
Dec 16, 2008
YXY Yukon
You can remove that and install the Peak reverse kit, which gets rid of the servo, and uses a handle off the reverse shaft. KISS principle, and it works well.
I just made one up by cutting the splined receiver off the actuator cam, and welding a CroMo handle I fabbed up to it.

W
Feb 25, 2014
You can remove that and install the Peak reverse kit, which gets rid of the servo, and uses a handle off the reverse shaft. KISS principle, and it works well.
I just made one up by cutting the splined receiver off the actuator cam, and welding a CroMo handle I fabbed up to it.

Looked it up on the interwebs. That is a pretty interesting mod. I'll have to keep that in mind for the future.

After reading the manual and running the sled, the wires that are disconnected are for the reverse alarm. Reverse is still functional, but the sled is beeping constantly now. Should be easy to reconnect in the morning.

T
Dec 16, 2008
YXY Yukon
I have heard of guys servos messing up and leaving them either jammed in forward, reverse, or neither. Bad deal.
With the lever, you just reach down, 1 finger just clicks it into reverse. Really nice smooth action. Ka-chunk.
Yeah, they weigh a bit more, but I'm good with the mech reverse. I really like ripping down the DD for service anyhow, I like seeing what's going on in gear cases. I had it all torn down about a month ago when i re geared it. Replaced the Chinese clutch side non sealed bearings with some better units.

Premium Features