• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m7 bb 800 twin pipes

F
Mar 22, 2010
pocatello
hey fellas, I just picked up an 05 m7 with a bmp 800 kit. it also has slp twin pipes on it with a BD control box. I have heard some horror stories with this setup. wondering if anyone out there has ran this setup and if the I should switch to a PCV or leave the BD control box?

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
Switch to PCV have Racingstation do it, and be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Tapps, Wa
On my 06 I run slp pipes and bd box on cutler 800 top end. It's faster than my 10 m8 so I think it does alright. It seems to work good together, but maybe I don't know any better.

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
I would agree with the auto tune, if you do not want to spend the extra cash the map Racingstation made for my ET900 with twins was pretty sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F
Mar 22, 2010
pocatello
true the auto tune may not be a bad way to go. have to had any experience with them? I heard they do alright but fine tuning is definitely needed.

what was the cost on the map from racinstation?

K

kingofthemountain

Dec 21, 2008
Golden, Colorado
In my experience on an m7 with slp twins, it didn't matter whose numbers I got for the bd box. Mine ended up being completely different and I never had success until I just decided to do it myself and started checking plugs. It's doable but takes some patience and a little knowhow. It might work but I wouldn't plan on just being able to use somebody else's numbers.

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I did not have any luck with the PCV i like the BD box you can tune it on the trail I would get ahold of BMP and get some numbers from them

F
Mar 22, 2010
pocatello
i sent them an email about a week ago but haven't heard anything back yet. i am also trying to figure out if i have the early 800 kit that used the Polaris pistons or the newer one that uses cat pistons, without taking my jugs off.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
measure the height of the cylinder as the old kit with the Poo pistons had the cylinders cut down 1/4 or more.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It is the cylinder base that would be cut. You can tell because the cylinder will hang over the case right where the lower exhaust stud is on the cylinder.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The Cat piston did not exist at that time and to get the timing correct the engine builder had to remove material from the base of the cylinder to use the Polaris piston. Most were using the Wiseco 2428PS. The undecked cylinders with the Arctic Cat Cast pistons are much better, but there was not an option for a cast piston at the time. Our 2003-2005 big bore kits used this piston and then early in 2006 we were able to get access to the new M8 pistons and started using them at that time until today.

Premium Features