• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Under hood goggle bag

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
I've dug around some and I can't seem to find what looks to be a quality and functional under hood goggle bag.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I riveted a mesh bag to the flat plastic on the top of the clutch cover...and as mentioned, BRP makes a nice padded goggle case that goes in the same place. Plenty of heat there, doesn't take long to dry them out.

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
I like the bag cause it can thaw out my favorite pair if need be but for myself I don't worry cause I carry at least three pair and 4 pair of gloves every ride

SledGuru

C
Nov 18, 2013
Plains MT
WPS mesh bag

Bought a WPS mesh bag on ebay and zip tied it to the belt cover. Google's and gloves warm up and dry out in no time at all. Works sweet and the bag only cost $15. :israel:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
You can certainly warm them up under the hood. And unless your taking an extended lunch they will be warm just not dry....Gloves are the same way.

DPG

Under normal riding in one hour I can have a dry set of goggles under the hood. One big key to that. Before you put them in the bag knock off all the snow you can. In about an hour I can have a warm and dry set of goggles. So I just swap to my 2nd set for a while of riding and put my other ones back on after they dry. I always have at least two pairs with different lens anyway so to switch to the back-up color works for me.

But I have noticed that with all of the newer goggles now I don't have the fogging or icing issue that we used to have so there are many days that I never need this.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
My best advice about googles is once there on your face leave them alone....and yes if your keeping your stuff under the hood and riding for an hour they very well could be 100% dry.

DPG

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
The Cat M series bag attaches to the clutch cover cleanly, also, the wps bag works well also.

Dry warm goggles are nice... I'll never not have a goggle bag again now that I'm used to it. An hour of riding & they're fresh & warm.

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
The Cat M series bag attaches to the clutch cover cleanly, also, the wps bag works well also.

Dry warm goggles are nice... I'll never not have a goggle bag again now that I'm used to it. An hour of riding & they're fresh & warm.

Still works well with Diamond S hood? Would be great if it does as that will be my setup this year also. Thanks!

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I found some $5 tool bags at Walmart. Zip tied two of them onto my clutch cover. They fit goggles or whatever else. I just zip the bag 1/2 shut so moisture can escape. Works for me. But as someone else said, quality goggles and being really careful makes it rare that I need it. My spare goggles were worn by riding buddies more than by me this last season.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Bought a WPS mesh bag on ebay and zip tied it to the belt cover. Google's and gloves warm up and dry out in no time at all. Works sweet and the bag only cost $15. :israel:

i did this SAME thing with the SAME bag. (only i used rivets) it took 1 beer to install it and it worked awesome. dont let ol' double penetration guy sway your decision on this one. ill agree with him on the gloves not drying well......but you can make your goggles like new in no time.

and would you look at that.....a site sponsor even has them in stock https://www.gobigparts.com/WPS-Universal-Vented-Under-the-Hood-Storage-Bag.html

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Still works well with Diamond S hood? Would be great if it does as that will be my setup this year also. Thanks!

on the days when you really need them... it's just so so. if it's over hood for a good portion of the day the foam will still be wet, but I've been able to use them again after them being too far gone, so I guess I'd say they still work. I'm planning on putting some type of L shaped piece over them though so that they're not getting dripping from snow melt on them, should help a decent bit.

Premium Features