• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha Viper MTX now in production

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Cats not stupid they want to sell product today and tomorrow morning at 9am when the door at there dealership reopen.....Hard to sell a sled that's not sitting on the showroom floor. Snow out west will be flying in a few short weeks
Yamaha and without product on the floor consumers can't buy can't even look.
DPG

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
do you guys really think cat would build yammi sleds first:face-icon-small-con,there is not a successful company in the world that would do that.considering they have built around 3000 sleds when this thread started & snow checks would get built first,i would guess most of the snow check guys sleds are on there way to them.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I still have not heard of or seen of one built yet. If I remember right, the 2015 yamaha debut was the first of the four manufactures. And yet they are the last to build and ship a mountain sled. As of now dpg is right with zero. Let's get going arctic cat....wait any longer and our engines are gonna need oil changes before they even hit the chassis

mine has been shipped or rep said it had been.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
do you guys really think cat would build yammi sleds first:face-icon-small-con,there is not a successful company in the world that would do that.considering they have built around 3000 sleds when this thread started & snow checks would get built first,i would guess most of the snow check guys sleds are on there way to them.

I'm surprised Yamaha didn't have a to the dealer drop dead date or pay a penalty as a clause in the contract. $5000.00 per hour fine for every hour the sleds not delivered to the dealership.

Two things they could be having issues at the factory and it is just the end of September....Hey Klime has the clothing line ready to go. Them blue and orange boots have got to be good for 2.5 extra pony's per foot or 5hp per side for side hilling . :face-icon-small-hap

DPG

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
I think we are getting closer to mtx's. I see Ulmer's got an Xtx delivered. It still amazes me how if they are building and shipping by track length how my snow checked 153 se is still showing a December date and canada guys saying they are now getting 162's......

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
It always made me mad when my snow checked Doo was LAST to arrive at the dealership. They sat on my deposit all summer and have a near guaranteed sale! Apparently that must mean last on the priority list. I remember one year, it was around Christmas/1st of the year before some people got theirs! I remember two years ago Doo claiming they were going to re-arrange priorities so snow-checkers got theirs first.......never worked out that way :(

Yes I think they should build the mountain sleds first and trail sleds last!

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Are you saying that cat should of built the trail sleds last and mtx's first?

Im saying that snowmobile season is geographically. Rocky Mountain States up to Revelstoke to Stewart have rideable snow coming here in approx 4 weeks while other states are 8 to 12 weeks away.

In The case of Yamaha snow checks I'm certain a large percentage will be adding turbos. If that were me and I lived were the snow flys early I would want my new sled yesterday.

DPG

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
Im saying that snowmobile season is geographically. Rocky Mountain States up to Revelstoke to Stewart have rideable snow coming here in approx 4 weeks while other states are 8 to 12 weeks away.

In The case of Yamaha snow checks I'm certain a large percentage will be adding turbos. If that were me and I lived were the snow flys early I would want my new sled yesterday.

DPG

I totally agree with you. I ride in Colorado and live in Nebraska which is a state that borders two "mountain states"

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
i would think the first sleds built would be snow checks since they get delivered first.

makes you wonder if they know they have a garunteed sale with the snow checks so they pump out all the other sleds first to get them on show room floors and being sold. would hope the snowchecks are first ones down the assembly line, but the way it looks I dont' think it's happening that way. Just got an email my 15 pro is finally being shipped. I see many regular sleds at dealers already.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
makes you wonder if they know they have a garunteed sale with the snow checks so they pump out all the other sleds first to get them on show room floors and being sold. would hope the snowchecks are first ones down the assembly line, but the way it looks I dont' think it's happening that way. Just got an email my 15 pro is finally being shipped. I see many regular sleds at dealers already.

if i got my snowcheck after the showroom sleds i would tell them to keep it,my dealer does yammi & poo & has had his poo snowchecks for awhile now.

S

srxspec

Nov 27, 2007
www.ulmerracing.com
Got a RTX LE in (not a XTX as posted above).

Waiting on a few MTX & XTX LE models (have 9 total spring snow check turbo sleds to build, so hopefully they start showing up soon)!

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Black MTX are rolling now. Some Blue and Some LE. Canadian Dealers will see them right away. Best news I got.
CM

thx randy guess thats why mine is on way its a le,dont get why they just dont produce snow checks first.as snow checkers put money down before there even made we should be the first to get our sleds.

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
Got a RTX LE in (not a XTX as posted above).

Waiting on a few MTX & XTX LE models (have 9 total spring snow check turbo sleds to build, so hopefully they start showing up soon)!

The seat was covered, the front shocks were not on, and I could not make out the front sticker in the pic and went with my instincts. Thanks for the update Allen, keep up the good work and post more pics when you start putting on the turbos.

Premium Features