• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weight of stock can?

D
Feb 20, 2009
Being lazy and not wanting to pull off the stock can on my 2016 E-TEC has anyone actually weighed their stock can?

I ask because I'm past break-in and about to replace it w/a aftermarket can. The SLP I had on my 2012 E-TEC weighs 9.5 lbs. SLP advertises their product saves you 11 lbs. Does the OE can really weight 21 lbs ?

SSI says their can weighs about 4.5# - my gawd that'd be a 15.5# reduction ....... Really?:face-icon-small-con

D
Feb 20, 2009
Thanks for the replies on the stock can wt. I figured about 19#. As for Diamond S, nice looking product, but given the price, I figure a more cost effective way of losing the weight differential between a SLP and Diamond S is just to eat fewer cheeseburgers and onion rings .................. advice I've oft given to buddies about ready to drop $$ on titanium parts for sno-mo's or bikes. Time to take my own advice. Burp.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I did get the diamond s quiet can the quietest aftermaket can period and just arround 5 pounds , that is hard to beat but as you said it comes with a price. The mountain cans are just stupid loud and even some of the other trail cans are louder than i like.

Premium Features