• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steel enclosed trailer manufactures!

montananate

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Great Falls, MT
Starting the search for a new snowmobile trailer. What are the major steel enclosed snowmobile trailer manufactures. Three that I have found thus far are Charmac, Pace American, Interstate. All of which have dealers relativity close to me. I am only interested in steel manufactures as an aluminum is cost prohibitive at this time. Willing to drive to get a deal or to work with a good dealer. But wouldn't mind trying to work with a good dealer in MT if anybody knows of one.

T
Nov 26, 2007
I just purchase a LOOK trailer. I purchased mine from Sam Evans trailers in Salt Lake City. They were very good priced. So far I'm impressed with the trailer. Seems like a lot of new trailers on ksl.com in the classified section. You can look there for different manufactures with good prices.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
1 vote for Charmac.
Bought a used 10 yr old Charmac 4 place enclosed 2 years ago.
Granted the trailer was basically new, like had factory grease in the hubs that still looked new and literally 500 mi on it.....if that.
The trailer did however sit outside in Portland for its entire life. PO re sealed the roof seams about a year earlier, looks like may have been one small leak judging by the roof paneling inside.
Aside from some minor oxidation of the corner caps, the trailer withstood the elements great.
I've put a couple thousand trouble free miles on it, pulls great, solid construction all around. Even the brakes work great after sitting that long.

Was skeptical about giving up the quality of my previous 2 place Triton that I beat the living tar out of for close to 10 years, only replacing tires and packing wheel bearings but the Charmac is a great trailer in my book.

Best of all, it was about half price of a new one and about 1/3 the price of aluminum frame equivalents. I can buy ALOT of extra diesel and rattle can spray paint for the frame for what it saved over an aluminum trailer.

image.jpg

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
This fall I bought a 7x25 Look from Adams Trailers in Shelley. Great price, good people and I love the trailer. I personally will never go back to an 8 wide again.

Premium Features