• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cracked Gas Tank

montananate

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Great Falls, MT
I do not buy that I think they are just tired of fixing them at thier expense. Like I said Arctic cat dropped the ball. That is exactly what my tank looked like. That is why I went with a take off tank. I didn't think it could be saved plus I didn't want to take the chance of it dumping gas all over me in a wreck.

M
Dec 13, 2007
Riverton, Wy
Just this year I had the same thing. Sent in info through customer care, they told me to contact local dealer and have them call Arctic Cat company rep. After Arguing with dealer he finally called and they sent me a new tank. Only requirement had to be under 3000 miles.
My Sled 2009 M8 Snow pro.
Good Luck

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
Just this year I had the same thing. Sent in info through customer care, they told me to contact local dealer and have them call Arctic Cat company rep. After Arguing with dealer he finally called and they sent me a new tank. Only requirement had to be under 3000 miles.
My Sled 2009 M8 Snow pro.

Good Luck

I talked to Adventure Motorsports and asked them if they can contact Arctic Cat directly and see if they can cover my tank. I figure the dealership has more pull. I emailed them pictures of the cracked neck. My sled only has 400 miles on it.

B
Dec 5, 2012
Call you local dealer. Two of my sleds were the same way. They replaced both tanks... Well they gave me new replacement tanks. I just had to install them.

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
Call you local dealer. Two of my sleds were the same way. They replaced both tanks... Well they gave me new replacement tanks. I just had to install them.

Unfortunately my local dealer doesn't carry Arctic Cat anymore so the nearest dealer is 2+ hours from me. Called that dealer and I am hoping the contact Cat about it rather than blow me off.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Every M series is covered in the recall. All your dealer has to do is turn in the VIN to arctic cat and then arctic cat will 2nd day ship them a new one for free. Find a decent dealer if your is telling you no.

I did my 06 M7 this fall and had no issues at all.

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
Every M series is covered in the recall. All your dealer has to do is turn in the VIN to arctic cat and then arctic cat will 2nd day ship them a new one for free. Find a decent dealer if your is telling you no.

I did my 06 M7 this fall and had no issues at all.

I tried 3 dealers and they all said no. Unfortunately, those dealers are located 2.5+ hours away from me since my local dealer doesn't carry Arctic Cat anymore.

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
Does the fuel pump assembly just pull straight out thru the tank neck? Any tips or tricks for removing this? How about removing the coolant bottle from the plastic holder thing? Just want to make this as smooth as possible. Thanks.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The fuel pump has two nuts on the tank exterior. Remove the fuel line first. Next unplug the fuel pump. Remove both nuts from outside of the tank. Remove the washers. Reach in the tank and wiggle the pump rearward into the tank, and then remove the pump assembly and smart valves. Reverse for install.

The coolant tank should just pop out of the holding potion of the tank.

Premium Features