• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pre-Mixed gas in EFI engine... ?

L
Dec 7, 2007
SWEDEN
What about running Pre-Mixed fuel in the Arctic Cat EFI engines you find in the Crossfire & M models ( 2005-2011 ) ?
Anyone who has tried or have any experience ?

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Works just fine. Been premixing my fuel for the last nine years without any issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

montananate

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Great Falls, MT
Same here I run 38:1 premix in my M1000 mod sled and have zero problems. Just make sure your mixing in the right ratios gas/oil and do not get your fuel cans mixed up. IE putting non mixed fuel in the sled because you grabbed the wrong gas can.

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Doesn't that require the oil pump gears to be lubricated periodically?
Yes and no. If you drill the case then no. If you don't drill the case then yes you will need to add grease to the water pump shaft. A grease zerk can be added to the bottom of the case to accomplish this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

L
Dec 7, 2007
SWEDEN
I have 5 sleds in the family and I run everyone of them with premixed fuel
at a mixing ratio of 1:40 ( 2,5 % )
But non of them have EFI

...Now the wife want to buy an Crossfire ( 2008 )
...What will I need to modify to make this work on an Arctic Cat laid down engine with EFI ?

...for example:
Must the ECU unit be reprogrammed since the engine will run leaner ?
What about lubrication of the waterpump axle ?

Last edited:

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
BDX Oil Injection Delete Kit
If you aren't taking the motor apart then grease zerk it and pump one or two squirts of grease in her a year. If you are pulling the motor apart then drill the cases. I've been running mine this way for 5+ years and didn't touch the ECU or any electrical.

montananate

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Great Falls, MT
I have the BDX oil delete on my M1000. According to BDX's own literature no grease zerk required. Never had a problem with mine. Here it is directly from their website.
"Finally an oil injection elimination you do not have to maintain! We use a lubricant injected bushing, this means no greasing, install and forget about it! We have yet to wear one out! Fits 05' - UP 700cc - 1000cc Arctic Cats"

Never re flashed ECU either.

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
I have the BDX oil delete on my M1000. According to BDX's own literature no grease zerk required. Never had a problem with mine. Here it is directly from their website.
"Finally an oil injection elimination you do not have to maintain! We use a lubricant injected bushing, this means no greasing, install and forget about it! We have yet to wear one out! Fits 05' - UP 700cc - 1000cc Arctic Cats"

Never re flashed ECU either.

It's is basically the same one cat uses on there race sleds. The bushing on the backside of the shaft is already there and has been proven reliable.. Makes sense to copy that one. I know a bunch of guys running them including myself with 0 issues.

G
Oct 24, 2009
mix

hi , I have a bdx oil delete on my 07 1000 , I mix 40:1 with cat apv oil, 100 octane av gas ,
from the oil pump I put a fitting on and ran a small clear tube up by the ecu, I use a syringe with no needle and I sweeze a few cc oil the apv oil into tube and it gravity feeds , works good , no issues !

Premium Features