• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 M8 Coolant Cap problem HELP

I
I was riding my sled around and rolled it not serious or anything at all just a slow roll down the ditch and the coolant cap somehow came off and coolant leaked out everywhere. I eventually found the cap and it wont screw back on! The threads seem to be find on both cap and fluid tank. It is a plastic cap. HELP:face-icon-small-fro

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
The warping rings are for the oil reservoir. I don't think they're the same size cap/hole.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Push real hard while screwing it. No joke... It will catch and tighten up. If you don't have the ring for the oil tank, you will need it.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Had the same problem with an M7, threads were screwed up and the cap would not stay on. Ended up buying a new coolant bottle, It wasn't very expensive

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Bend the metal tabs on the coolant cap in a bit, had to do this on my m7 and my '14 m8. Haven't had an issue since

I
Got It

I figured it out. It is a plastic cap not the metal one and you have to push down very hard and twist about half a turn at the same time and it should stick on. IDK if thats the right thing to do put it stayed on and I went riding pretty hard and it stayed on so I guess dont fix what aint broke.

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
That's how mine is on my '09, and it's the same as the caps on both my GMC trucks. You have to overcome the stick on the o-ring to get it down into the threads. It will come off just as hard after you screw it on, and you'll have to pry it off after the threads disengage. The O-ring should have been farther up the cap, or the threads on the cap should have extended down farther. Design fail on someone's part...

Premium Features