• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone had experience with Speedwerx clutch weights?

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Sled:
2010 m8 hcr, sea level-4,000ft riding, 1500 miles

Ripping down my clutches to make some changes, the pervious owner stated he put speedwerx clutch weights in it. Looking at them they have "T2" stamped on them. After looking on Speedwerx site I've determined them to be "Speedwerx Hypershift Tapered Tip 2 Machined Weights" Which they say "which have a similar profile as the Tapered Tip weights but they feature the lightest tip available for the least aggressive up-shift and the best back-shift."

So the question is...I'm trying to get the sled to have better low end torque, would I benefit of switching to another style of weight like the hammerhead, or buying a different brand all together?

Here is the link:
http://www.speedwerxstore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1219

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Weights

I have ran the Hammer head weights for 10-11 years, Hammer heads are for high torque sleds, M1000 I'm currently running loves them. Also ran them in the old 1M 900 back in the day. Lighter tips work well in smaller displacement like the old ZRT 600 triples, I also ran Speedwerx weights in it and spun huge 9000 RPM's with pipes, but lighter tips as you said, Call Jeremy he is Very good at setting you up for your elevation and Mods.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I have ran the Hammer head weights for 10-11 years, Hammer heads are for high torque sleds, M1000 I'm currently running loves them. Also ran them in the old 1M 900 back in the day. Lighter tips work well in smaller displacement like the old ZRT 600 triples, I also ran Speedwerx weights in it and spun huge 9000 RPM's with pipes, but lighter tips as you said, Call Jeremy he is Very good at setting you up for your elevation and Mods.

So you think my 800ho would qualify as a "high torque" sled? does Jeremy work at Speedwerx?

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Yes every time I have called he answers the phone. I have run there pipes and weights for a long time Great Service. They do the mods for Tucker Hibbert's sled, and he wins almost everything he enters.

S

SpeedwerxInc

Nov 12, 2015
Forest Lake, MN
www.speedwerxstore.com
Sled:
2010 m8 hcr, sea level-4,000ft riding, 1500 miles

Ripping down my clutches to make some changes, the pervious owner stated he put speedwerx clutch weights in it. Looking at them they have "T2" stamped on them. After looking on Speedwerx site I've determined them to be "Speedwerx Hypershift Tapered Tip 2 Machined Weights" Which they say "which have a similar profile as the Tapered Tip weights but they feature the lightest tip available for the least aggressive up-shift and the best back-shift."

So the question is...I'm trying to get the sled to have better low end torque, would I benefit of switching to another style of weight like the hammerhead, or buying a different brand all together?

Here is the link:
http://www.speedwerxstore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1219

Those are the weights used in our low elevation kit for that machine, and the primary spring should have been changed as well. If you have questions about your setup, give us a call at 651-982-6020. Thanks.

Premium Features